Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #44113
View in linear mode

Subject: "What have you changed since you first bought your D40?" Previous topic | Next topic
chewie Registered since 17th Jan 2008Mon 27-Feb-12 01:29 AM
134 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"What have you changed since you first bought your D40?"

Petaling Jaya, MY

Hey people,

Just wondering what have you changed since you first bought your D40. I, for one, changed the strap and I know one or two of my buddies changed to the Katz eye focusing screen.

~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~

I've learned that I have alot more to learn...

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

ctdrummer Silver Member Nikonian since 09th Feb 2012Fri 02-Mar-12 04:47 PM
205 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: What have you changed since you first bought your D40?"
In response to Reply # 0

Southern CT, US

Hi, I have the d40x. The only thing I did was to upgrade the kit 18-55mm lens to the VR version.

I reprogrammed the function button on the side of the camera near the flash pop-up button to change the ISO with the button pressed and thumb-wheel. This is more useful than the timer, which I kept hitting by accident thinking it was the flash.

I changed the setting to display the camera settings on the screen when I tap the shutter button in addition to the normal info button press.

Marmion4 Gold Member Nikonian since 21st Sep 2008Fri 02-Mar-12 11:26 PM
187 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: What have you changed since you first bought your D40?"
In response to Reply # 0

Near Sacramento, US

What is the Katz eye focusing system?

I upgraded to D300s and D7000 and switched my focusing to the button on the back of the camera. Intend to do the same with my D800E.

Laura

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

ctdrummer Silver Member Nikonian since 09th Feb 2012Sat 03-Mar-12 01:21 AM
205 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: What have you changed since you first bought your D40?"
In response to Reply # 2
Sat 03-Mar-12 01:22 AM by ctdrummer

Southern CT, US

>What is the Katz eye focusing system?

I did a search and found this : http://www.katzeyeoptics.com/item--Nikon-D40-D60-Focusing-Screen--prod_D40.html

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #44113 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.