Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #43991
View in linear mode

Subject: "D60 autofocus question" Previous topic | Next topic
GTGeek88 Registered since 03rd Dec 2011Sat 03-Dec-11 11:08 PM
2 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"D60 autofocus question"

GE

My D60 with the 200mm lens (the basic bundle lens) always wants to focus on the right spot. I shoot my daughter's soccer games and I would normally like to have it always focus on the center spot, but it just won't (maybe rarely). Not sure if this happens with other lenses. Can I tell it which spot (left, center, right) to focus on. Of course, this camera only has the 3 spot focusing.

Thanks,

Russell

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas Nikonian since 24th Dec 2007Sun 04-Dec-11 12:05 AM
25680 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: D60 autofocus question"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Hi Russell,

Welcome to Nikonians!
What exposure mode are you using?
If you are using Sports mode, the default setting is probably Dynamic Area AF.
If you use P,S,A, or M exposure modes, you can set the AF Area mode to Single Point (see page 58 in the D60 Users Manual then use the Multi-Selector to choose the center AF point.
Good Luck and Enjoy your Nikons!

Best Regards,
Marty

GTGeek88 Registered since 03rd Dec 2011Sun 04-Dec-11 12:54 AM
2 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: D60 autofocus question"
In response to Reply # 1
Sun 04-Dec-11 12:55 AM by GTGeek88

GE

Well, crud, I didn't see that the notification about your answer had come in to my email and I was looking around and found the answer at Ken Rockwell. But that was more than a half-hour after your answer came in. I guess I didn't expect an answer that quick on a Saturday evening.

Thanks!

MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas Nikonian since 24th Dec 2007Sun 04-Dec-11 01:08 AM
25680 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: D60 autofocus question"
In response to Reply # 2
Sun 04-Dec-11 01:09 AM by MEMcD

US

Hi Russell,

Your Welcome!
Glad to help.
Good Luck and Enjoy your Nikons!

Best Regards,
Marty

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #43991 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.