Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #43974
View in linear mode

Subject: "auto focus illuminator problem on my d40" Previous topic | Next topic
hhmom Registered since 15th Dec 2010Sat 12-Nov-11 02:46 AM
3 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"auto focus illuminator problem on my d40"

US

When I take a pic, I have notice that my center focus point is dimmer than the other two points, I still have warranty on it, just bought it refurbished. I called Nikon and they said send it in, has anyone else had this problem?

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

CharlieS Registered since 29th Aug 2007Tue 22-Nov-11 01:43 PM
1729 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: auto focus illuminator problem on my d40"
In response to Reply # 0

US

It sounds like a flaw/pending failure of the part of the camera circuitry that controls the focus points. I'd definately send it in.

hhmom Registered since 15th Dec 2010Wed 23-Nov-11 02:45 PM
3 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: auto focus illuminator problem on my d40"
In response to Reply # 1

US

Thank you for your response. I called Nikon and they said def. send it in bc it is going to become a problem, so I decided to send it back and get a refund from the place I bought it. I now have my mom's and in the market for another one. I am saving money to buy the d90 or d7000, I really don't know why bc I always end up using the d40, I just love the prints that it produces, even in auto mode.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #43974 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.