Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #43901
View in linear mode

Subject: "Sell my D50?" Previous topic | Next topic
PeteinNYC Registered since 04th Oct 2011Wed 19-Oct-11 08:15 PM
13 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Sell my D50?"
Wed 19-Oct-11 08:16 PM by PeteinNYC

US

I ordered a D5100 and 70-300mm combo on Amazon, and not sure what to do with the D50. I would consider selling the body.I have a friend who may be interested. He asked, and I told him it might be worth $150. Does that sound about right? It's in great shape. Thanks.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Sell my D50?
MEMcD Moderator
20th Oct 2011
Floridian Silver Member
20th Oct 2011
Marmion4 Gold Member
23rd Oct 2011
PeteinNYC
25th Oct 2011
Topone
28th Oct 2011
petie3 Silver Member
17th May 2012
Clarktmc Gold Member
29th May 2012
Floridian Silver Member
31st May 2012
MEMcD Moderator
31st May 2012

MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas Nikonian since 24th Dec 2007Thu 20-Oct-11 02:10 AM
25009 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Sell my D50?"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Hi Pete,

KEH is selling D50's for $335.00 EX+, $225.00 EX, and $199.00 BGN.
Their prices are at the top end though they stand behind the gear that they sell. If your D50's shutter count is low, it could be worth maybe $25.00 to $45.00 more.
Good Luck and Enjoy your Nikons!

Best Regards,
Marty

Floridian Silver Member Nikonian since 11th Feb 2007Thu 20-Oct-11 05:53 PM
2671 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Sell my D50?"
In response to Reply # 0

Tallahassee, Florida, US

I bought a D300 nearly four years ago, when they first came out, and kept my D50. I still use it a fair amount, even though I have another camera. One advantage of the D50 is that as a 6mp camera its file sizes are smaller. For most things I do I don't need more than 6mp (and you can produce very good-looking large prints with only 6mp).

I would say it depends on whether you would use your D50 as a back-up or second camera. If so, it seems worth keeping. But if you wouldn't use it, then it makes sense to sell it to a friend rather than leave it unused. Marty has offered some price guidance, but if it's really a friend I wouldn't think the price would be a really big issue. (Of course, both of you want it to be a fair price.)

If it were me, I know I'd keep the camera as a second camera, because that's what I actually did, and I actually am still using it.

Congratulations on the new camera!

Randy

Marmion4 Gold Member Nikonian since 21st Sep 2008Sun 23-Oct-11 07:51 PM
187 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Sell my D50?"
In response to Reply # 0

Near Sacramento, US

Keep it and get a Lensbaby and shoot doubl Super fun and artisti

Laura

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

PeteinNYC Registered since 04th Oct 2011Tue 25-Oct-11 09:43 PM
13 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Sell my D50?"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Thanks for the advice, I decided to sell it. I realized that my backup is an iphone. Better to sell the D50 while it is actually worth something!

Topone Registered since 25th Oct 2011Fri 28-Oct-11 12:42 PM
1 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Sell my D50?"
In response to Reply # 0

Manchester., GB

Sorry if this is slightly off topic. My first DSLR was a Nikon D50 and it is still my one and only DSLR - I have used it so many times, I can't remember. Until I retired about 2yrs ago, I was a photographer with a monthly magazine, and the D50 was the only camera that I used, and thus far (I'm probably pushing my luck now) it has never let me down - photographing car accidents, art galleries to the Royal family and most things between.
I cannot praise it enough, and the only lens that I have ever used was and is the Tamron AF28-300mm F3.5-6.3.
Unti it dies, I would'nt think of replacing it - so sad that it is now not still being made IMHO.

Bob.

petie3 Silver Member Nikonian since 30th Jan 2011Thu 17-May-12 08:00 PM
31 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: Sell my D50?"
In response to Reply # 0

US

My wife says I have an addictive personality; I actually have 6 D50s; when they come up on Ebay for less than $150 I'll buy one. One showed up as 'broken, for parts' when it was the lens which was broken, camera was perfect. Got that one for $60. The price is actually going up and they are mostly getting around $400, so $150 would be a good price.

Clarktmc Gold Member Nikonian since 04th Nov 2008Tue 29-May-12 11:25 PM
739 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: Sell my D50?"
In response to Reply # 6

Killeen, US

I have 2 D50's that I bought for the Boy's and Girls Club here local. Can you tell me what the max size SD card I can put in them?

Thanks Tom

Floridian Silver Member Nikonian since 11th Feb 2007Thu 31-May-12 01:23 AM
2671 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#8. "RE: Sell my D50?"
In response to Reply # 6
Thu 31-May-12 01:24 AM by Floridian

Tallahassee, Florida, US

>... The price is actually going up and they are mostly getting around $400...

I had no idea they were worth this much. I'm going to have to start taking better care of mine!

Randy

MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas Nikonian since 24th Dec 2007Thu 31-May-12 02:10 AM
25009 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#9. "RE: Sell my D50?"
In response to Reply # 6

US

Hi Peter,

KEH has one in EX+ condition for $179.00 and one in LN- condition for $339.00. They price the equipment they sell at the top ens of the market.
Good Luck and Enjoy your Nikons!

Best Regards,
Marty

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #43901 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.