Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #43897
View in linear mode

Subject: "How many pictures have you taken with your D40/D40X/D50..." Previous topic | Next topic
chewie Registered since 17th Jan 2008Wed 12-Oct-11 02:57 AM
134 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Poll question: How many pictures have you taken with your D40/D40X/D50/D60 so far?"

Petaling Jaya, MY

It's just another one of those not-so-serious questions from me.

For those of you who doesn't know, there is a "counter" that is embedded in all Nikon cameras that keep track of how many pictures you have taken (more like how many times you press your shutter button). However, it is also to note that it is NOT 100% accurate but a good rough estimate. Here's a fact, not all cameras have that and not all brands have that. Canon, is an example, of one brand doesn't have that (or at least doesn't allow people access to such information as easily).

There are many ways to see this information and here's one of many

http://regex.info/exif.cgi

You have to upload a picture that you took that has the EXIF information intact. Then you'll get the information. Once you selected the file, click on "View Image From File", scroll down or do a string search for "Shutter Count".

Poll result (16 votes)
0 to 1,000 (2 votes)Vote
1,001 to 5,000 (2 votes)Vote
5,001 to 10,000 (1 votes)Vote
10,000 to 20,000 (6 votes)Vote
20,001 to 30,000 (1 votes)Vote
More than 30,000 (4 votes)Vote

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

hhmom Registered since 15th Dec 2010Sat 15-Oct-11 12:56 AM
3 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: How many pictures have you taken with your D40/D40X/D50/D60 so far?"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Mine is so low bc I just bought refurbished from B and H Video. I so love my d40. This is my second, but gave my first one to my mom when I bought my d5100. I notice I am using my d40 more though. The d40 is a great little camera.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

chewie Registered since 17th Jan 2008Sat 15-Oct-11 04:23 AM
134 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: How many pictures have you taken with your D40/D40X/D50/D60 so far?"
In response to Reply # 1

Petaling Jaya, MY

Glad to hear that you're enjoying your "little" camera. The statistic also shows a few of us has reached 30,000 or more. It just proves two things:

1. It's still durable enough camera to use even after 30,000 shots.
2. It's a popular camera to shoot with (people are still shooting lots with it).

~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~

I've learned that I have alot more to learn...

PeteinNYC Registered since 04th Oct 2011Sat 22-Oct-11 12:45 AM
13 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: How many pictures have you taken with your D40/D40X/D50/D60 so far?"
In response to Reply # 0

US

8743. I guess my D50 still has some life left in it!

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #43897 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.