nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #43789
View in linear mode

Subject: "Nikon d40 (d40x) reliability" Previous topic | Next topic
ptf Registered since 26th Jul 2011Fri 29-Jul-11 06:21 PM
1 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Nikon d40 (d40x) reliability"

US

Wow, I'm reading this forum and it's filled with people having issues with their d40's. I hope this is not a glimpse of things to come for me.

I've been enjoying my d40x since I got it about 5 years ago. I was thinking of upgrading but I'm having fun with mine and like the smaller size compared to some of the other Nikons.

Thanks, Pat

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

jrp Administrator JRP is one of the co-founders, has in-depth knowledge in various areas. Awarded for his contributions for the Resources Charter MemberFri 29-Jul-11 07:28 PM
35228 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Nikon d40 (d40x) reliability"
In response to Reply # 0

San Pedro Garza García, MX

It really depends on how you treat it.
It cannot have the ruggedness of a pro body for the price we paid.

We do have one at home, bought in mid 2006, and continues to deliver precious images.
Of course when not shooting it is always inside its well padded bag.

We have been thinking of getting a D5100 or a D7000 eventually, but only because of better image quality and unbelievable performance at high ISO.

Have a great time
JRP (Founder & Administrator. Nikonian at the north-eastern Mexican desert) Gallery, Brief Love Story, The Team
Join the Silver, Gold and Platinum members that help this happen; upgrade. Join your personal web site to the Nikonians WebRing
Make sure you check our workshops at The Nikonians Academy and the product catalog of the Photo Pro Shop

DogmanJim Registered since 28th Dec 2003Sun 31-Jul-11 12:24 AM
172 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Nikon d40 (d40x) reliability"
In response to Reply # 0

Columbus, US

Bought a used one with lots of extras and am enjoying it. Have had no problems with it so far. Just picked up an SU800 so I can use my SBs off camera for CLS.

Jim Himes
Columbus, Ohio, USA

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Photographic composition is the strongest way of seeing. ... Edward Weston
"It is easy to take a photograph, but it is harder to make a masterpiece in photography than in any other art medium." Ansel Adams

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas Nikonian since 24th Dec 2007Sun 31-Jul-11 01:24 AM
26974 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Nikon d40 (d40x) reliability"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Hi Patrick,

Welcome to Nikonians!
Remember that most owners don't have any problems with their D40(X) bodies and do not post about their cameras working perfectly.
For every D40 series body that you find a problem written or posted about, are thousands of D40 bodies that continue to work perfectly.
Good Luck and Enjoy your Nikons!

Best Regards,
Marty

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #43789 Previous topic | Next topic