Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #43786
View in linear mode

Subject: "D40x PD circuit blown" Previous topic | Next topic
mikemixes Registered since 27th Jul 2011Wed 27-Jul-11 12:44 PM
2 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"D40x PD circuit blown"

GB

My beloved D40x has blown its power control circuit board. To replace is £160.00, but there is no guarantee that the main circuit board hasn't also blown until I replace at least this board.
Is it worth going for a d90 body or possibly (if I can mortgage my granny) to get a D7000?

Advice or opinions?

cheers

Mike

Other gear: sb400 flash, 18-200 VR, 35mm f1.8

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

Floridian Silver Member Nikonian since 11th Feb 2007Wed 27-Jul-11 07:38 PM
2721 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: D40x PD circuit blown"
In response to Reply # 0

Tallahassee, Florida, US

>...Advice or opinions?

This is an opinion, not advice. If it were me, I'd get a new camera, and both the D90 and D7000 would be good choices. Which you should get would depend on how much you love your granny.

Randy

mikemixes Registered since 27th Jul 2011Thu 28-Jul-11 08:51 AM
2 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: D40x PD circuit blown"
In response to Reply # 1

GB

I went ahead with the repair - granny is saved

cheers

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #43786 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.