Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #43734
View in linear mode

Subject: "Nikon D40 Focusing screen Please help!!" Previous topic | Next topic
rickyboby Registered since 21st Jun 2011Tue 21-Jun-11 07:54 PM
3 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Nikon D40 Focusing screen Please help!!"

US

Hello I am new to the forum and a friend of mine suggested that i come here for help!!
I had dirt in my view finder so i decided to take out the focusing screen on my own! I did this and cleaned the screen put it back in and everything went fine except i then noticed there was a little speck of dirt in the corner. I took it back out and when i went to put it back in the tool i was using slipped and scratched the screen!!! So i ordered a new one from nikon and now the little wire that holds it all in place will not stay down!!! I even took the old screen out put it in and it will not stay down it keeps popping up! What can i do now???

Thank You for your replies

Rick

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

mklass Platinum Member As a semi-professional involved in all manner of photographic genres including portraiture, sports, commercial, and events coverage, Mick is always ready to help Nikonians by sharing his deep knowledge of photography and printing. Nikonian since 08th Dec 2006Tue 21-Jun-11 08:28 PM
5980 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Nikon D40 Focusing screen Please help!!"
In response to Reply # 0
Tue 21-Jun-11 08:28 PM by mklass

Tacoma, US

At this stage, I would suggest you just find a nearby camera shop that does Nikon repairs. They should be able to fix it for $50 or so in less than an hour. Call ahead and they may be able to do it while you wait.

The focusing screen change out can be a frustrating process.

Mick
www.mickklassphoto.com

rickyboby Registered since 21st Jun 2011Tue 21-Jun-11 10:39 PM
3 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Nikon D40 Focusing screen Please help!!"
In response to Reply # 1

US

Thanks Mic for your repy! I dont have a camera shop anywhere close!! The only other option is send to nikon i guess. I didn't want to have to spend the money but it looks like ill have to at this point!

RIck

rickyboby Registered since 21st Jun 2011Fri 24-Jun-11 01:17 AM
#3. "RE: Nikon D40 Focusing screen Please help!!"
In response to Reply # 1

US

Hey Mick, Just wanted to give you a update. I got it back in and everything works great!!!
Thought i would try one more time before i sent it off to Nikon!

Rick

mklass Platinum Member As a semi-professional involved in all manner of photographic genres including portraiture, sports, commercial, and events coverage, Mick is always ready to help Nikonians by sharing his deep knowledge of photography and printing. Nikonian since 08th Dec 2006Fri 24-Jun-11 01:47 PM
5980 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Nikon D40 Focusing screen Please help!!"
In response to Reply # 3

Tacoma, US

Persistence pays off!

Glad you got it fixed, Rick.

Mick
www.mickklassphoto.com

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #43734 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.