nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #43733
View in linear mode

Subject: "D60 Mirror locked in up position, how to release it aga..." Previous topic | Next topic
Henry64 Silver Member Nikonian since 13th Jan 2008Tue 21-Jun-11 08:02 PM
142 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"D60 Mirror locked in up position, how to release it again?"

DK

Hi All

My Daughter just brought home her D60 with the mirror in a locked position (up).
It happend it occured when she was making a photo, she wasn't doing anything unusual.

How can I release the mirror? Is it a defect or some FW error?

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

Asgard Administrator He is your Chief Guardian Angel at the Helpdesk and knows a lot about a lot Nikonian since 07th Apr 2004Tue 21-Jun-11 09:32 PM
52453 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: D60 Mirror locked in up position, how to release it again?"
In response to Reply # 0
Tue 21-Jun-11 09:33 PM by Asgard

East Frisia, DE

I would try the Reset Switch behind the Connector cover on the left side.

Let us know.

Gerold - Nikonian in East Frisia
Eala Freya Fresena

Henry64 Silver Member Nikonian since 13th Jan 2008Tue 21-Jun-11 09:44 PM
142 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: D60 Mirror locked in up position, how to release it again?"
In response to Reply # 1

DK

Thanks for the suggestion, tried about everything, even opening the body and mingle with the drive. It seems to be a mechnical defect with the gear motor, I was able to release it and it could do one or two actuations then it got stuck again.

http://jacko0.wordpress.com/2009/10/13/d40x-underside/

I guess it's one for the bin, too bad it's only 2,5 years old, warranty expired

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Asgard Administrator He is your Chief Guardian Angel at the Helpdesk and knows a lot about a lot Nikonian since 07th Apr 2004Tue 21-Jun-11 09:47 PM
52453 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: D60 Mirror locked in up position, how to release it again?"
In response to Reply # 2

East Frisia, DE

Ok, seems time for the Nikon Service.

Gerold - Nikonian in East Frisia
Eala Freya Fresena

MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas Nikonian since 24th Dec 2007Wed 22-Jun-11 07:19 AM
26995 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: D60 Mirror locked in up position, how to release it again?"
In response to Reply # 2

US

Hi Henric,

The repair should be significantly less than replacing the body.
Nikon Authorized Service Stations are usually faster and cheaper than Nikon Service.
Good Luck and Enjoy your Nikons!

Best Regards,
Marty

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #43733 Previous topic | Next topic