Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #43651
View in linear mode

Subject: "Nikon D60 help" Previous topic | Next topic
RonnieP22 Registered since 19th Apr 2011Tue 19-Apr-11 06:42 AM
3 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Nikon D60 help"

US

Hi all,

My D60 has a issue. After shooting I replaced my camera in the bag; approx. 30 mins later I went to shoot again, but the menus were not available.

When I turn on the camera I get the last shot on screen. I can't access any of the menus. When I take out the SD card the buttons all work.
Pressing menu and other buttons work as normal, but if the SD card is replaced, nothing works.

I can still take pictures, but only in auto mode.

Thanks

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Nikon D60 help
MEMcD Moderator
21st Apr 2011
RonnieP22
21st Apr 2011
Floridian Silver Member
21st Apr 2011
RonnieP22
22nd Apr 2011
Floridian Silver Member
22nd Apr 2011
Covey22 Moderator
22nd Apr 2011
MEMcD Moderator
23rd Apr 2011

MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas Nikonian since 24th Dec 2007Thu 21-Apr-11 12:51 AM
25041 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Nikon D60 help"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Hi Ron,

Welcome to Nikonians!
Sorry to hear of your problem.
Did you try removing the battery?
Did you try resetting the camera?
See page 167 in the D60 User Manual.
Good Luck and Enjoy your Nikons!

Best Regards,
Marty

RonnieP22 Registered since 19th Apr 2011Thu 21-Apr-11 03:26 AM
3 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Nikon D60 help"
In response to Reply # 1

US

Hi Marty,

Yes, I've done those things. I am currently in the Philippines and I''m wondering if that is the problem..humidity.

It's just a weird problem. I tried again today after having the camera in a air conditioned room all night; same result.

Thanks for you help.

Ronnie

Floridian Silver Member Nikonian since 11th Feb 2007Thu 21-Apr-11 09:41 PM
2672 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Nikon D60 help"
In response to Reply # 0

Tallahassee, Florida, US

>... if the SD card is replaced, nothing works...

One thing Marty didn't mention, but you probably thought of, is trying a different card.

>I can still take pictures, but only in auto mode.

But, if the camera still works in auto mode, that would suggest it's not the card. If a reset didn't solve the problem, and the problem exists with different cards, I can't think of anything you can do but send the camera in for repair.

Randy

RonnieP22 Registered since 19th Apr 2011Fri 22-Apr-11 03:38 AM
#4. "RE: Nikon D60 help"
In response to Reply # 3
Fri 22-Apr-11 03:39 AM by RonnieP22

US

Hi Randy,

I tried another SD card, same result. When you say "reset" I'm assuming you mean in the functions? I have reset to factory settings there; same result.

I'm afraid I'll be forced to send for repair.

If anyone has further suggestions please comment.

One thing I was thinking of was replacing the internal battery. Is that possible? If so, how?

Thanks everyone,

Ronnie

Floridian Silver Member Nikonian since 11th Feb 2007Fri 22-Apr-11 06:10 PM
2672 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Nikon D60 help"
In response to Reply # 4

Tallahassee, Florida, US

>... When you say
>"reset" I'm assuming you mean in the functions? I
>have reset to factory settings there; same result.

I don't have a D60, but I think to do a reset on a D60 you simultaneously press the Magnify button on the back and the button on the top between the shutter and mode dial (both buttons marked with green dots) and hold for more than two seconds. You may want to check the manual to make sure I have this right. That should reset everything in the camera to factory settings.

>One thing I was thinking of was replacing the internal
>battery. Is that possible? If so, how?

It's unlikely this would be the cause of your problem. You'd have to take the camera apart to do this anyway, and it's not the kind of repair anybody but a very handy camera owner would want to undertake.

If you've done the two-button reset and that doesn't fix the problem, it sounds like the camera needs to go in for repair.

Randy

Covey22 Moderator Expert in various fields including aviation photography Awarded for his contributions to the Resources and The Nikonian eZine Charter MemberFri 22-Apr-11 09:36 PM
10426 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: Nikon D60 help"
In response to Reply # 5

US

I don't have a D60, but I think to do a reset on a D60 you simultaneously press the Magnify button on the back and the button on the top between the shutter and mode dial (both buttons marked with green dots) and hold for more than two seconds. You may want to check the manual to make sure I have this right. That should reset everything in the camera to factory settings.

The switch to actually reset the D60 is located under the rubber cover that protects the USB port. See page 167 of the camera manual.

"Toodle-loo from Covey22!"

-Armando
Nikonians Team
Nikonians News - Fresh Everyday!

The Covey Blog!

My Plan:

Get out of the car.
Get closer to the subject.
Pick the right mid-tone this time.

See My Nikonians Gallery

MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas Nikonian since 24th Dec 2007Sat 23-Apr-11 02:39 PM
25041 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: Nikon D60 help"
In response to Reply # 4
Sat 23-Apr-11 07:54 PM by MEMcD

US

Hi Ron,

The clock battery in the D60 is not user replaceable and I doubt it would be the root cause of your problem.
If you reset the camera per the instructions on page 167 in the D60 Users Manual ,
and the problem continues, sending the camera in to Nikon Service or a Nikon Authorized Repair Station would be a logical next step.
Good Luck and Enjoy your Nikons!

Best Regards,
Marty

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #43651 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.