Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #43637
View in linear mode

Subject: "D60 vs. D3100" Previous topic | Next topic
MAXXFJ Registered since 01st Apr 2011Tue 05-Apr-11 11:35 AM
15 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"D60 vs. D3100"

US

Please explain the difference's between these two camera's. I'm looking at buying a new D3100, but a friend said he's thinking about selling his next-to-new D60. I've been researching the D3100 for a few day's, but know nothing about the D60. Better, worse, two different worlds? Any help would be great, Thanks

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: D60 vs. D3100
toko
05th Apr 2011
MAXXFJ
06th Apr 2011
briantilley Moderator
06th Apr 2011
MAXXFJ
06th Apr 2011
ironwoodphoto
10th Aug 2011

toko Registered since 04th May 2009Tue 05-Apr-11 02:18 PM
105 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: D60 vs. D3100"
In response to Reply # 0

Mölnlycke, SE

All depends on the price on d60… I you can get it for a low price you might consider the d60. There is a great performance difference between them, where d3100 is the clear winner.

http://www.letsgodigital.org/en/camera/specification/compare.html

MAXXFJ Registered since 01st Apr 2011Wed 06-Apr-11 10:34 AM
15 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: D60 vs. D3100"
In response to Reply # 1
Wed 06-Apr-11 10:35 AM by MAXXFJ

US

Thanks, He's not too sure on the price yet, but the sale on the D3100 will be over at the end of this week. The price on the D3100 w/ 55mm Lens is $575.00. That's new in the box w/warranty from Nikon & I think they also will throw in a nice Nikon carry bag. Guess this would be a no brainier.
EDIT: Just thought of another question. Will the lens' from his D60 work on the 3100?

briantilley Moderator Deep knowledge of bodies and lens; high level photography skills Nikonian since 26th Jan 2003Wed 06-Apr-11 11:55 AM
28309 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: D60 vs. D3100"
In response to Reply # 2

Paignton, GB

>Just thought of another question. Will the lens' from
>his D60 work on the 3100?

Any lens that works fully on a D60 will also work fully on a D3100

Brian
Welsh Nikonian

MAXXFJ Registered since 01st Apr 2011Wed 06-Apr-11 01:08 PM
#4. "RE: D60 vs. D3100"
In response to Reply # 3

US

Thanks Brian. I guess if he's dumping his equipment I'll grab any lens' if he wants to separate his stuff. Not sure what or if he has anything other than what came with the camera, might have a 300mm. Thanks again, I love forums. So much information.

ironwoodphoto Registered since 25th Jul 2011Wed 10-Aug-11 11:27 AM
28 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: D60 vs. D3100"
In response to Reply # 4

CA

>Thanks Brian. I guess if he's dumping his equipment I'll grab
>any lens' if he wants to separate his stuff. Not sure what or
>if he has anything other than what came with the camera, might
>have a 300mm. Thanks again, I love forums. So much
>information.

----------------------
Another option(if the price is right) might be to get both cameras and have the D60 as a back up.

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #43637 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.