Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #43588
View in linear mode

Subject: "How do I manually set D40 image rotation, in-camera, on..." Previous topic | Next topic
brycenesbitt Registered since 09th Feb 2011Wed 16-Feb-11 09:08 PM
1 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"How do I manually set D40 image rotation, in-camera, on improperly rotated image"

US

I have a D40. On occasional the camera's orientation sensor will guess wrong. Is there a way to alter the orientation flag in-camera, so the images appear properly when using the in-camera slideshow, and are properly tagged when exported from the camera?

I tried exporting images from the camera to iPhoto, rotating them, then copying them back to the SD card... but the camera won't display the modified image.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

DeanAZ Moderator Expert nature photographer Nikonian since 28th Apr 2007Mon 21-Feb-11 06:33 PM
3707 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: How do I manually set D40 image rotation, in-camera, on improperly rotated image"
In response to Reply # 0

Phoenix, US

Sometimes my D40 misses the actual orientation but not too often and usually when it was not shooting level while rotated.

You will need to use Nikon's ViewNX2 to do the rotation work and still have the camera read the shots for a slide show. You will also need an external reader for the memory card as ViewNX2 will not read or write to the card while it is in the camera connected by a USB cable. I have tested it and it will work.

Dean
Phoenix, Arizona USA
Nikonians Team Member

Recent Trips: Grand Canyon 2012 Glen Canyon 2012 West Clear Creek

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #43588 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.