Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #43489
View in linear mode

Subject: "Newbie with D60 with a problem" Previous topic | Next topic
Kim R Paige Registered since 12th Jan 2011Wed 12-Jan-11 02:45 AM
2 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Newbie with D60 with a problem"

US

Hello,
I am brand new, just bought a used D60 that does not read the SD card. It takes pictures, stores them on the card, but does not show them on the camera's monitor, nor can you view any pics on the card from the camera. I can remove the card and view the pics on a computer. My local camera shop told me to send it to Nikon for repair. Just wondering the cause, (shop said probably main board) and cost for repair. Anyone ever have this problem and could it be a simple fix? Thanks, Kim

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

CharlieS Registered since 29th Aug 2007Wed 12-Jan-11 03:46 AM
1729 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Newbie with D60 with a problem"
In response to Reply # 0
Wed 12-Jan-11 03:47 AM by CharlieS

US

Kim
Check your camera manual and be sure the memory card is on nikons approved list of cards and do an in camera format. If possible try another known good (approved) card thats been formatted in your camera.
You can also check your card in another camera if one's available to see if the problem persists elsewhere.That will help narrow down the problem before sending it in for repair. As far as repair costs a phone call to nikon would provide a better estimate than most here can.
Also per several posts here in the past, nikon seems to not want to address memory support issues unless the card is on the afforementioned approved list, for what its worth.

MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas Nikonian since 24th Dec 2007Wed 12-Jan-11 06:12 AM
26463 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Newbie with D60 with a problem"
In response to Reply # 0
Wed 12-Jan-11 06:14 AM by MEMcD

US

Hi Kim,

Welcome to Nikonians!
Sorry to hear of your problem.
Charlie hit the nail on the head with his answer.
If you purchased the camera from a store, most include a 30 to 90 day warranty. If you purchased it from an individual it might be less expensive to have the camera repaired at a Nikon Authorized Repair Station . Here is a link to Nikon Service
The cause could be anything from a loose connection to a bad circuit on the main board.
Good Luck and Enjoy your Nikons!

Best Regards,
Marty

Kim R Paige Registered since 12th Jan 2011Wed 12-Jan-11 09:54 AM
2 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Newbie with D60 with a problem"
In response to Reply # 2

US

Thanks All,
The man at the camera shop installed a known good card and it would not read it either. I'll call Nikon today for an estimate. I'll check a authorized repair shop also. Thanks, Kim

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #43489 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.