Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #43429
View in linear mode

Subject: "Nikon D60 Memory Access Lamp Blinking" Previous topic | Next topic
boraswang Registered since 02nd Jan 2011Sun 02-Jan-11 01:37 AM
4 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Nikon D60 Memory Access Lamp Blinking"

Aklan, PH

Hi Guys, Happy New Year. I'm just a newbie here. Found this site while i was researching about my D60 issues.

My Nikon D60 is acting weird. When i put in the battery (fully charged), even when the camera is off, the memory card indicator lamp (light) is blinking continuously. When i turn it on, the clock is reset, i reset it again and put the correct dates and time but after a few seconds it resets automatically back to its default. But the thing is i can still the camera to take pictures. it just resets the date (world time) every couple of seconds and when i turn it off the light indicator flashes. What could be the problem? thank you.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Nikon D60 Memory Access Lamp Blinking
MEMcD Moderator
02nd Jan 2011
boraswang
02nd Jan 2011
boraswang
04th Jan 2011
MEMcD Moderator
04th Jan 2011
boraswang
10th Jan 2011
MEMcD Moderator
10th Jan 2011

MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas Nikonian since 24th Dec 2007Sun 02-Jan-11 02:37 AM
25566 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Nikon D60 Memory Access Lamp Blinking"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Hi Mark,

Welcome to Nikonians!
Sorry to hear of your problem.
Have you tried:
1. Removing and reinstalling the memory card?
2. Reseting the camera? See page 70 of the D60 Users Manual.
3. A hard reset? Remove the camera battery then turn the camera On, and press the shutter release button for a few seconds.
24 hours or more later turn the switch off and reinstall the camera battery.
Good Luck and Enjoy your Nikons!

Best Regards,
Marty

boraswang Registered since 02nd Jan 2011Sun 02-Jan-11 03:00 AM
4 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Nikon D60 Memory Access Lamp Blinking"
In response to Reply # 1

Aklan, PH

>Hi Mark,
>
>Welcome to Nikonians!
>Sorry to hear of your problem.
>Have you tried:
>1. Removing and reinstalling the memory card?
>2. Reseting the camera? See page 70 of the D60 Users Manual.
>3. A hard reset? Remove the camera battery then turn the
>camera On, and press the shutter release button for a few
>seconds.
>24 hours or more later turn the switch off and reinstall the
>camera battery.
>Good Luck and Enjoy your Nikons!
>
>
>Thank you Marty for that quick reply. I have done 1 and 2 already but still the same. Will try solution # 3. Thank you again.

boraswang Registered since 02nd Jan 2011Tue 04-Jan-11 07:42 AM
#3. "RE: Nikon D60 Memory Access Lamp Blinking"
In response to Reply # 2

Aklan, PH

Hi Marty,

I have done your suggestion and so far my D60 is back to normal again. Will be observing it to see if the problem is fixed already. Thank you very much for your advise. Really appreciate it.

Cheers,

Mark

MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas Nikonian since 24th Dec 2007Tue 04-Jan-11 03:46 PM
25566 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Nikon D60 Memory Access Lamp Blinking"
In response to Reply # 3

US

Hi Mark,

Glad you got it working!

Best Regards,
Marty

boraswang Registered since 02nd Jan 2011Mon 10-Jan-11 02:34 AM
#5. "RE: Nikon D60 Memory Access Lamp Blinking"
In response to Reply # 4

Aklan, PH

Hi Marty,

Problem came back today. Started blinking again and the world time resets again. I'll try to reset it the same way before (your number 3 instruction).

While i was researching in the internet, i read that there is another battery inside the camera which powers the date and time (i assume same as the pc where there's a battery in the mother board). If this is true, could that be the problem? Maybe it should be replaced (if it can be replaced).

Thank you in advance for the help. My location is far from main cities where i can have my camera serviced so i do try everything to have it fixed through the net.

Regards,

Mark

MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas Nikonian since 24th Dec 2007Mon 10-Jan-11 05:36 PM
#6. "RE: Nikon D60 Memory Access Lamp Blinking"
In response to Reply # 5

US

Hi Mark,

Sorry to hear that.

>While i was researching in the internet, i read that there is
>another battery inside the camera which powers the date and
>time (i assume same as the pc where there's a battery in the
>mother board). If this is true, could that be the problem?

My understanding is a Hard Reset depletes the internal battery so the cameras memory is erased. There by resetting the memory and starting fresh.

>Maybe it should be replaced (if it can be replaced).

I am sure a Service Station can relace the battery but I don't think that it is the problem,

>Thank you in advance for the help. My location is far from
>main cities where i can have my camera serviced so i do try
>everything to have it fixed through the net.

If the problem persists, I recommend sending the camera to Nikon Service or a Nikon Authoirzed Repair Station.

Best Regards,
Marty

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #43429 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.