nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #43392
View in linear mode

Subject: "short tags" Previous topic | Next topic
memphishooter Silver Member Charter MemberWed 15-Dec-10 03:51 AM
132 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"short tags"

Memphis, US

I went out on a shoot with my D50, and got some pics. Got home, dumped the card, and windows viewer says the files are an unsupported type. Tried raising them up in PS, and it said the tags were too short for jpgs. What can I do to salvage this shoot, if anything?

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas Nikonian since 24th Dec 2007Wed 15-Dec-10 06:45 AM
27014 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: short tags"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Hi Jim,

It sounds like the memory card might be corrupted.
You can try using Image Recovery software like RescuePro that comes free with Sandisk Extreme series memory cards.
RescuePro should have no problem recovering your image files regardless of type (Raw, jpeg, tiff). Don't overwrite the images on the memory card until you have recovered the corrupted images or they will be lost forever.
Good Luck and Enjoy your Nikons!

Best Regards,
Marty

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #43392 Previous topic | Next topic