Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #43226
View in linear mode

Subject: "D40X Battery Door" Previous topic | Next topic
Captain Rich Silver Member Nikonian since 25th May 2006Wed 13-Oct-10 02:21 PM
1188 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"D40X Battery Door"

Savannah, US

Has anyone replaced their battery door? One of the little "ears" (hinges?) seems to be broken on mine and I'd just as soon not have to send it in to replace it if I can do it myself. TIA.

Rich

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: D40X Battery Door
MEMcD Moderator
13th Oct 2010
Captain Rich Silver Member
13th Oct 2010
MEMcD Moderator
13th Oct 2010
MattLonganbach
14th Oct 2010
15th Oct 2010
16th Dec 2010
MEMcD Moderator
16th Dec 2010

MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas Nikonian since 24th Dec 2007Wed 13-Oct-10 02:45 PM
25946 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: D40X Battery Door"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Hi Rich,

You should be able to replace the battery door yourself.
You can get the part through Nikon Service or Precision Camera $14.63 , though I have been reading that Precision Camera has been very slow to respond lately.
Good Luck and Enjoy your Nikons!

Best Regards,
Marty

Captain Rich Silver Member Nikonian since 25th May 2006Wed 13-Oct-10 07:20 PM
1188 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: D40X Battery Door"
In response to Reply # 1

Savannah, US

Thanks Marty. Do you know if there's any special trick to getting the broken piece out and inserting the new door? Thanks.

Rich

MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas Nikonian since 24th Dec 2007Wed 13-Oct-10 08:01 PM
25946 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: D40X Battery Door"
In response to Reply # 2

US

Hi Rich,

I don't have a D40 or D60 body to check.
To mount a battery grip, the battery door on the camera must be removed so it should be easy to do. If I remember correctly on the D200 to remove the battery door: open the battery door to a 60 degree angle and pull the battery door at the same angle.
Someone that has a battery grip on their D40/D40X/D60 body should be able to answer this question.

Best Regards,
Marty

MattLonganbach Registered since 14th Oct 2010Thu 14-Oct-10 05:51 PM
1 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: D40X Battery Door"
In response to Reply # 3

US

I have a D40, and I found the door comes off really easily, also easy to install. I used an extended grip/battery pack for a little while.
If you have a piece stuck, use something really tacky (gum or something from a hardware store) to pluck it out.

Captain Rich Silver Member Nikonian since 25th May 2006Fri 15-Oct-10 11:46 AM
#5. "RE: D40X Battery Door"
In response to Reply # 4

Savannah, US

Great. I'll give it a try. Thanks for the help guys!

Rich

Captain Rich Silver Member Nikonian since 25th May 2006Thu 16-Dec-10 07:51 PM
#6. "RE: D40X Battery Door"
In response to Reply # 5

Savannah, US

Closing the loop here. I pulled the door off and found that it wasn't broken at all. I think it just had a little play in it that made me think it was broken. The good news is that the Nikon part was less than $3. Now I have a spare door!

Rich

MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas Nikonian since 24th Dec 2007Thu 16-Dec-10 09:09 PM
#7. "RE: D40X Battery Door"
In response to Reply # 6

US

Hi Rich,

Glad you got it working.
Thanks for the follow up.
Good Luck and Enjoy your Nikons!

Best Regards,
Marty

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #43226 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.