nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

jumping dolphins out of focus

Diane Vancouver

CA
61 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Diane Vancouver Registered since 15th Jul 2010
Thu 02-Sep-10 02:40 PM

I found myself with no time to prepare to photo jumping dolphins and didn't do a very good job. I wonder what settings might have been better.

I think I should have a smaller app and maybe spot metering, but I am not sure. Or maybe I should have used the sport setting. I am an old film user and usually go as manual as possible.

Here is the photo. I find the dolphins look very unnatural and oddly out of focus. (even more odd, in this version made smaller to post here the dolphins are sharper).

I've also posted the original in my gallery. Thanks for your suggestions for next time or a similar situation.

Click on image to view larger version

Attachment #1, (jpg file)

Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: jumping dolphins out of focus James23p Moderator Awarded for his wide variety of skills, a true generalist both in film and digital photography
02nd Sep 2010
Reply message RE: jumping dolphins out of focus Len Shepherd Gold Member
02nd Sep 2010
Reply message RE: jumping dolphins out of focus Bob Chadwick Silver Member
02nd Sep 2010
     Reply message RE: jumping dolphins out of focus Diane Vancouver
02nd Sep 2010
          Reply message RE: jumping dolphins out of focus Bob Chadwick Silver Member
02nd Sep 2010
02nd Sep 2010
                    Reply message RE: jumping dolphins out of focus CharlieS
02nd Sep 2010
Reply message RE: jumping dolphins out of focus blw Moderator Awarded for his high level of expertise in various areas
02nd Sep 2010
03rd Sep 2010
Reply message RE: jumping dolphins out of focus carpemoment
03rd Sep 2010
Reply message RE: jumping dolphins out of focus rectangularimage Silver Member
04th Sep 2010
     Reply message RE: jumping dolphins out of focus blw Moderator Awarded for his high level of expertise in various areas
05th Sep 2010
Reply message RE: jumping dolphins out of focus jrp Administrator JRP is one of the co-founders, has in-depth knowledge in various areas. Awarded for his contributions for the Resources
04th Sep 2010

G