Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #42946
View in linear mode

Subject: "Slow D60" Previous topic | Next topic
redpete Registered since 16th Aug 2010Mon 16-Aug-10 06:43 PM
2 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Slow D60"

US

While trying to learn all about my D60, I must have messed something up...

When I first got my D60, I would take a picture and it would immediately show up on the screen. Now, it takes a few seconds while it is writing to the memory card.

Any idea what I did to cause this?

Thanks.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Slow D60
aolander Silver Member
17th Aug 2010
redpete
17th Aug 2010
alilee204
09th Sep 2010
gkaiseril Gold Member
09th Sep 2010
gkaiseril Gold Member
09th Sep 2010

aolander Silver Member Nikonian since 15th Sep 2006Tue 17-Aug-10 01:29 AM
3172 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Slow D60"
In response to Reply # 0

Nevis, US

Do you have D-lighting on?

Alan

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

redpete Registered since 16th Aug 2010Tue 17-Aug-10 03:48 AM
2 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Slow D60"
In response to Reply # 1

US

Thanks...D-Lighting was off, but I had reset all the settings back to the factory origional...it seems to be working OK, but we are going up to the North Shore this week, so I will play with it...

We live down in the cites, but we own some land west of Pine River, so we are pretty close to you...

alilee204 Registered since 09th Sep 2010Thu 09-Sep-10 04:29 AM
1 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Slow D60"
In response to Reply # 1

PY

>Do you have D-lighting on?

Hey, I'd been having this same problem, I figured the pictures were taking longer to load because i was shooting in RAW mode. Now i just turned off D-lighting and the pictures show up on the screen instantly. So now I have to ask...What IS D-lighting anyway? I see no difference in the pictures I've taken without it, at least not on the small screen.

gkaiseril Gold Member Nikonian since 28th Oct 2005Thu 09-Sep-10 03:41 PM
6739 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Slow D60"
In response to Reply # 3

Chicago, US

The preview screen shows the embedded Jpeg of the RAW file or processed Jpeg and that displayed image has the D-Lighting processed into itself. D-Lighting simulates HDR see page 69 of you manual for more information.

If you open your NEF file in an editor other than Nikon View NX2 or Nikon Capture NX2, you will see a very different image from the preview Jpeg or Jpeg from the camera. If you are editing the NEF file you can also turnoff the in camera settings and observe the difference.

George
My Nikonian Galleries

gkaiseril Gold Member Nikonian since 28th Oct 2005Thu 09-Sep-10 03:41 PM
6739 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Slow D60"
In response to Reply # 3
Thu 09-Sep-10 03:44 PM by gkaiseril

Chicago, US

Deleted duplicate post text.

George
My Nikonian Galleries

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #42946 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.