Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #42930
View in linear mode

Subject: "Just picked this up. Couple of questions?" Previous topic | Next topic
Juan234 Registered since 13th Aug 2010Fri 13-Aug-10 10:17 PM
2 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Just picked this up. Couple of questions?"

US

I just recently picked up this D60 for a fairly good price. It came with three lenses so my question is what is each lens good for?

Here is what I got in my package:
1 - AF-S Nikkor 18-55mm 1:3.5-5.6G
1 - Quantaray AF LD 70-300mm 1:4-5.6 Tele-Macro (1:2)
1 - AF-S Nikkor 55-200mm 1:4-5.6G ED

Thank any info is appreciated.

-Juan

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas Nikonian since 24th Dec 2007Fri 13-Aug-10 11:21 PM
26077 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Just picked this up. Couple of questions?"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Hi Juan,

Welcome to Nikonians!
All of the lenses can be used for general purpose photography.
The 18-55mm is a wide angle to normal lens zoom lens and will provide a wider FOV (Field of View) for shooting groups in tight spaces or landscape scenes as well as walk around use.
Both the 55-200mm and the 70-300mm are telephoto zooms. They can be used for portraits at the wide end (55mm, 70mm) and field sports or wildlife at the long end (200mm, 300mm).
Mount the each lens on the camera and look thruogh the viewfinder and capture a few images at different focal lengths. You will get a better feel of each lens and determine which is best for your particular needs based on the subject and ambient conditions.
Good Luck and Enjoy your Nikons!

Best Regards,
Marty

Juan234 Registered since 13th Aug 2010Sun 15-Aug-10 02:24 AM
2 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Just picked this up. Couple of questions?"
In response to Reply # 1

US

Thank you.
-Juan

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #42930 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.