nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Print Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR NIKON CAMERA Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #421
View in linear mode

Subject: "D50 and Sunpak flash..." Previous topic | Next topic
albano   Buenos Aires, AR  Registered since 12th Nov 2005 Mon 14-Nov-05 01:31 PM
24 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"D50 and Sunpak flash..."

Hi everyone,
I'm new to Nikon and new to DSLRs. I've a background in film (35mm and medium format, Pentax K1000, MX, LX, ME Super, 6x7; Fuji GA645zi, etc, etc) and digicam (Fuji S5000).
I just got the D50 and I'm very happy with it. I wanted to know if I can use my Sunpak auto383 super on the D50. I know I'll lose ttl, but I want to use it as an auto flash or a manual flash. Basically I worry about its trigger voltage.
Somebody knows if it's safe or not?
Thanks in advance

Albano García
Design & Photography
www.albanogarcia.com.ar
www.flaneur.com.ar

Albano García
Design & Photography
www.albanogarcia.com.ar
www.flaneur.com.ar
www.ciclopefoto.blogspot.com

Alert Print | Reply | Quote | Top

Replies to this topic

sillyconguru   UK  Registered since 31st Oct 2005 Mon 14-Nov-05 03:41 PM
1915 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: D50 and Sunpak flash..."
In response to Reply # 0

Yes, you won't be able to use TTL flash metering. However; auto-flash, or manual, will work fine.

According to here: http://www.botzilla.com/photo/strobeVolts.html the measured voltage ranges from 3.74-10.28v. And according to here: http://www.dcviews.com/reviews/Nikon-D70/Nikon-D70-review.htm the D70 can handle 240v (I don't know if I'd like to put over 12v through the hot-shoe though, let alone 240v).

Alert Print | Reply | Quote | Top

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR NIKON CAMERA Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #421 Previous topic | Next topic