nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #41737
View in linear mode

Subject: "D-40x Power Problem" Previous topic | Next topic
ibpbob Silver Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 12th Apr 2006Fri 27-Nov-09 08:14 PM
155 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"D-40x Power Problem"

Anaheim Hils, US

Hi Folks.. I recently purchased a D-40x for my girlfriend and sometime during Thanksgiving Day the camera just quit. She thought it was from a dead battery and wasn't concerned. Today I recharged her battery with no success and inserted one of my good batteries and still no luck. Tried resetting back to default settings but no luck there. Anyone have any ideas before I send her camera to Nikon for repair? Any ideas would be appreciated...bob

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: D-40x Power Problem
MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas
28th Nov 2009
ibpbob Silver Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
28th Nov 2009
MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas
28th Nov 2009
ibpbob Silver Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
28th Nov 2009
ImageHunter
29th Nov 2009
MotoMannequin Moderator Awarded for his extraordinary skills in landscape and wildlife photography
29th Nov 2009

MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas Nikonian since 24th Dec 2007Sat 28-Nov-09 12:13 AM
27228 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: D-40x Power Problem"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Hi Bob,

Is the camera completely dead or does the the display and or menu work?
Good Luck and Enjoy your Nikons!

Best Regards,
Marty

ibpbob Silver Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 12th Apr 2006Sat 28-Nov-09 01:03 AM
155 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: D-40x Power Problem"
In response to Reply # 1

Anaheim Hils, US

No, the camera is completely dead, no display or menu.... bob

MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas Nikonian since 24th Dec 2007Sat 28-Nov-09 01:40 AM
27228 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: D-40x Power Problem"
In response to Reply # 2

US

Hi Bob,

Sorry to hear that!
A trip to Nikon Service or a Nikon Authorized Repair Center would be the best course or action.
Good Luck and Enjoy your Nikons!

Best Regards,
Marty

ibpbob Silver Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 12th Apr 2006Sat 28-Nov-09 02:02 AM
#4. "RE: D-40x Power Problem"
In response to Reply # 3

Anaheim Hils, US

Marty... I'm afraid you're right..... thanks for your input... bob

ImageHunter Registered since 29th Jul 2009Sun 29-Nov-09 02:57 AM
7 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: D-40x Power Problem"
In response to Reply # 4

US

I have the same problem with my D5000 which is included by a recall advisory by Nikon. Look up the D5000 thread in this forum and see that your camera has the same problem. I sent back my D5000 for repair this morning for free and is using my D40x now.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

MotoMannequin Moderator Awarded for his extraordinary skills in landscape and wildlife photography Nikonian since 11th Jan 2006Sun 29-Nov-09 04:42 PM
8582 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#6. "RE: D-40x Power Problem"
In response to Reply # 5

Livermore, CA, US

Unfortunately you'll find the D40x was never recalled for these issues. Hopefully Nikon can get you fixed up quickly.

Larry - a Bay Area Nikonian
My Nikonians gallery

www.tempered-light.com

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #41737 Previous topic | Next topic