Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #400
View in linear mode

Subject: "Cover for LCD on the D50" Previous topic | Next topic
Robin714 Registered since 12th Nov 2005Sat 12-Nov-05 12:49 PM
10 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Cover for LCD on the D50"

US

I am buying the D50 today and was wondering if until I can purchase the cover for the LCD, can I use one of those clear plastic overlay's that I use on my Palm Pilot to protect it or will that damage the LCD screen. I wanted to ask cause I don't want to ruin something on the camera the first week I have it.
Thanks
Robin

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

sillyconguru Registered since 31st Oct 2005Sat 12-Nov-05 01:01 PM
1915 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Cover for LCD on the D50"
In response to Reply # 0

GB

Please read this thread:
http://www.nikonians.org/dcforum/DCForumID201/39.html

nikvenn Registered since 02nd Nov 2005Mon 14-Nov-05 01:03 PM
17 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Cover for LCD on the D50"
In response to Reply # 1

GB

Interestingly p119 of the D50 manual states that you should replace the LCD cover if leaving the camera unattended

(º·.¸(¨*·.¸ ¸.·*¨)¸.·º)
<<<.·°·. NIK .·°·.>>>
(¸.·º(¸.·¨* *¨·.¸)º·.¸)

dracodoc Registered since 28th Nov 2005Mon 28-Nov-05 03:02 AM
16 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Cover for LCD on the D50"
In response to Reply # 0

University, US

You can find LCD screen protector for Palm PDA in Radioshack or other store. The best screen protector for palm come from boxwave, which is about $15. The palm brand protector pack include 16 of them and cost less. I don't know how well will them adhere to the LCD, but there is this lcd protector for $8 too
http://www.daproducts.com.

K1W1 Registered since 19th Nov 2005Mon 28-Nov-05 08:37 AM
979 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Cover for LCD on the D50"
In response to Reply # 3

Melbourne, AU

I put a PDA LCD protecter on my D50 the day after I purchased it (no name brand a couple of dollars only). I noticed over the weekend that the protector has some marks on it so I'm very happy with the job it has done so far.

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #400 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.