nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #398
View in linear mode

Subject: "Does Battery Drain When Camera Turned Off" Previous topic | Next topic
GivenRandy Registered since 11th Nov 2005Fri 11-Nov-05 07:02 PM
1 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
"Does Battery Drain When Camera Turned Off"

Manchester, US

I plan to get a D50 in the next week or two, but I was wondering if the battery drains (significantly) when the camera is turned off. If it sits idle for weeks (highly unlikely), will it still have the same charge?

I'm asking because one of my digital cameras uses AA batteries and if I let it sit for a day, it has run the batteries dry. With everything turned off.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

sillyconguru Registered since 31st Oct 2005Fri 11-Nov-05 07:34 PM
1915 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Does Battery Drain When Camera Turned Off"
In response to Reply # 0

UK

The battery drain is so little, you could probably leave the camera turned on for weeks without draining the battery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #398 Previous topic | Next topic