Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #3902
View in linear mode

Subject: "D50 Err message" Previous topic | Next topic
Jim2833 Registered since 20th Feb 2006Mon 20-Feb-06 10:56 PM
3 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"D50 Err message"

Santa Rosa, US

I have had my d50 for only 3 weeks and it just froze up with a ERR message. Is there anything I can do or must I return it for repair?

Thanks

Jim

Jim2833

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: D50 Err message
spud
21st Feb 2006
edmun
21st Feb 2006
Jim2833
21st Feb 2006
Jim2833
21st Feb 2006
edmun
21st Feb 2006
soupdragon
21st Feb 2006
britkev
21st Feb 2006

spud Registered since 14th Dec 2005Tue 21-Feb-06 12:50 AM
35 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: D50 Err message"
In response to Reply # 0

Charlottetown, CA

Try using the reset button on the bottom of your camera ( see the bottom of Page 120 in your manual).
Let us know if it does the trick.

edmun Registered since 16th Sep 2003Tue 21-Feb-06 01:41 AM
8618 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: D50 Err message"
In response to Reply # 1

eugene, US

There may be two resets -- a green two button reset and a hard reset.

I know this is stupid but recharge your battery -- do not have a clue but maybe.

Take the lens off and put it back on and try another card.

If all these fail call Nikon at 800 645 6689 a 24 hour line

ledmun

Jim2833 Registered since 20th Feb 2006Tue 21-Feb-06 02:38 AM
3 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: D50 Err message"
In response to Reply # 2

Santa Rosa, US

Thanks Edmun: I called they put it through all the exercises and declared a mechanical or electrical malfunction, I'll have to send it in

Jim2833

Jim2833 Registered since 20th Feb 2006Tue 21-Feb-06 02:19 AM
#3. "RE: D50 Err message"
In response to Reply # 1

Santa Rosa, US

Thanks Spud, I tried and it didn't work..any other ideas? Are other people having this problem

Jim

Jim2833

edmun Registered since 16th Sep 2003Tue 21-Feb-06 04:09 AM
8618 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: D50 Err message"
In response to Reply # 3

eugene, US

Your dealer may be able to do a DOA and give you a new camera, as it was less than 30 days.

Talk to Nikon again and they may authorize this. They did with my D70 2 years ago.

ledmun

soupdragon Basic MemberTue 21-Feb-06 04:17 AM
754 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: D50 Err message"
In response to Reply # 5

The only time I had an err message was when fitting a lens with the camera turned on.
I inadvertently brushed the shutter button part way through lens fittment and the err message appeared.
I was going to take it back to the dealer and had already started to re-box it.
Having left the battery out for nearly four days I re-fitted it just as a final check before embarassing myself in the shop and the err message had gone.
I am not saying this is a panacea but it worked in this instance.

britkev Registered since 11th Sep 2004Tue 21-Feb-06 04:27 AM
305 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: D50 Err message"
In response to Reply # 6

Philadelphia, US

Could be worth a try - the "remove battery for 48 hours" trick revived my apparently deceased CP8700 a while back

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #3902 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.