Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #3871
View in linear mode

Subject: "Image Posting at Nikonians.org, a reminder" Previous topic | Next topic
avm247 Moderator Awarded for high skills in documentary architecture and aviation photography Charter MemberSun 19-Feb-06 09:43 PM
18518 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Image Posting at Nikonians.org, a reminder"

Rancho Cordova, US

This is a friendly reminder of the image posting rules at Nikonains.org:

3. POSTING, LINKS TO IMAGES, UPLOADING AND ATTACHING IMAGES
3.1. The posting of images to our forums and the members galleries are a privilege we grant, as our way to thank those who currently contribute to our operations costs in amounts of or above 25 USD for Silver Membership status and up. We must nevertheless limit quantity, size and frequency of photo posts in the forums in the interest of a pleasurable visit for all visitors. All registered members may post topics and link to their photographs at other sites, but we ask all to abide by the same rules as if posted at Nikonians directly.

3.2. In the forums, do not post any images not made by a Nikon camera or a Nikon-based hybrid camera. If you want to share images taken with other cameras/formats, these pictures can be be posted in the Other Camera Systems forum only.

3.3. Do not post, anywhere, images not belonging to you. Do not create combined images of pictures not belonging to you. Do not post combined pictures of which you are not the legal owner. If you want to post an image which was not taken by you (i.e. you do not have the copyright), please ask both the originator and the www.nikonians.org/contact.html|editorial team> for permission before doing so. Failing to abide to international copyright laws is illegal.

3.4. Traffic is a major cost component and a big number of visitors are not on high speed Internet connections; please help by not posting more than 3 photos (Silver members and up) or 3 links to images per day in the forums. This count includes all photos in both original and follow up posts to all forums in any combination.

3.5. In the forums, limit the image to no more than 800 pixels on the longest side. This is to accommodate those who have smaller monitors, members who have their screens display at 800x600 pixels and those on phone line modems.

3.6. In the forums, there is a maximum 100KByte limit to each image posted, and you will get an error message trying to upload any image larger. This makes for a better experience for dial up users and helps keep network traffic costs down.

Example of re-sizing process to reach under 100KB from Photoshop (similar process in other tools):
a. Open your file.
b. Image > Image Size
Set the longer dimension to a maximum of 800 Pixels (maximum) and resolution to 72 or 96 pixels/inch.
c. File > Save for Web Option
d. Verify file size (or set to under 100KByte)
e. Save as a jpg type file

3.7. Do not post your image, or reference/link to your image more than once, i.e. do not repeat your postings or references/links.

3.8. Whenever you include an image in your postings, it is expected from you to include the technical data of the shot, camera, lens, film, etc. so viewers can see what various combinations can produce.

3.9. If in your post you are linking to your own images from your web site or from any other server (including the Nikonians galleries), please link only to images complying with the size requirements above. If the image is larger than permitted, either link to the page on which the image is located, or place the image URL inside quotes and adding a question mark (for example: "http://www.my_site.com/my_directory/my_image.jpg?" ). Please also state the size of the image in terms of pixels, and file size. This will warn those on slow modems.

3.10. If you add a signature to your posts, you may include a link to your personal homepage. However we ask that you reciprocate by becoming an Official Nikonians Webring member and add to your homepage the links provided. Sites in the webring will get greater exposure to a wider audience and user feedback. As it becomes populated, each month one site will be nominated as Nikonians Web site of the Month. Signatures may not contain links to sites owned by corporations or institutions. These sites are nevertheless welcome to apply for advertising. Signatures should be short.

Anthony

The Moderator Page and My Gallery

www.nikonians.org - Worldwide Home for Nikon Photographers
Visit us at PMA (www.pmai.org) Orlando, February 26th through March 1st 2006, booth 1759

Anthony

The Moderator Page and My Gallery
The important things in life are simple; the simple things are hard.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

nj_smith Registered since 23rd May 2006Tue 23-May-06 08:03 PM
40 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Image Posting at Nikonians.org, a reminder"
In response to Reply # 0

Can anyone tell me how to shrink an images size or resolution in Nikons 'Picture Project' or any other way they now how. i dont really have anything for editing pictures other than through my picture project which came with my camera

Deba Registered since 16th Jul 2006Sun 30-Jul-06 06:28 PM
44 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Image Posting at Nikonians.org, a reminder"
In response to Reply # 1

IN

Open Picture Project, open the file you want to resize, File, Export Jpeg, Click the box Resize, select the size or quality you want. Higher the compression higher the quality loss.

More or less all the image making or touch up software can do this simple job. So dont worry, you can do the job with virtually any one of those.

Enjoy-
Deba

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #3871 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.