Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #37924
View in linear mode

Subject: "Auto Bracketing with Nikon D50" Previous topic | Next topic
markst33 Registered since 05th Mar 2009Thu 05-Mar-09 11:01 AM
1 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Auto Bracketing with Nikon D50"

IE

I was told that its possible to Auto Bracket with a Nikon D50 however I cannot see any way of doing this. Is it possible and how do you do it ?

Thanks a lot.

Mark.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Auto Bracketing with Nikon D50
MasterDabber Silver Member
05th Mar 2009
nightcat
30th Mar 2009
30th Mar 2009
Asgard Administrator
05th Mar 2009
12th Mar 2009
28th Mar 2009
MotoMannequin Moderator
28th Mar 2009
28th Mar 2009
MotoMannequin Moderator
28th Mar 2009

MasterDabber Silver Member Nikonian since 10th Dec 2005Thu 05-Mar-09 11:13 AM
3232 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Auto Bracketing with Nikon D50"
In response to Reply # 0

Camberley, GB

Mark. Firstly, to give the quick answer.... if you have the manual it's on page 93 (in mine anyway).
To give you a more detailed answer in case you haven't the manual.

Go to Menu >> Custom Setting (the icon of the little pencil) >> scroll down the custom settings >>BKT set >> select AE and Flash>> select the step size (0.3 to 1.7).

HTH
Derek
My Gallery
My Nikonians Gallery

nightcat Registered since 05th Mar 2006Mon 30-Mar-09 07:22 AM
1040 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#8. "RE: Auto Bracketing with Nikon D50"
In response to Reply # 1

LaCrosse,WI, US

Just a slight correction, you can bracket at 2ev. That's useful for HDR and I kinda wish my D300 did it.

Kraig

"The wisest follow their own directions" -Euripides
"I thought there would be more elephants" -C. Columbus

MasterDabber Silver Member Nikonian since 10th Dec 2005Mon 30-Mar-09 07:34 AM
3232 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#9. "RE: Auto Bracketing with Nikon D50"
In response to Reply # 8

Camberley, GB

>Just a slight correction, you can bracket at 2ev. That's
>useful for HDR and I kinda wish my D300 did it.
>
>Kraig
>
>"The wisest follow their own directions" -Euripides
>"I thought there would be more elephants" -C.
>Columbus

You're right Kraig. You spotted my deliberate mistake

Derek

"You might think that, I couldn't possibly comment"
My Gallery
My Nikonians Gallery

Asgard Administrator He is your Chief Guardian Angel at the Helpdesk and knows a lot about a lot Nikonian since 07th Apr 2004Thu 05-Mar-09 03:23 PM
50329 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Auto Bracketing with Nikon D50"
In response to Reply # 0

East Frisia, DE

Welcome to Nikonians, Mark

A little side note. If the option does not appear, please go to the Basic Camera Settings -> CSM/Setup Menu -> and select "Detailed".

Gerold - Nikonian in East Frisia
Eala Freya Fresena

MasterDabber Silver Member Nikonian since 10th Dec 2005Thu 12-Mar-09 10:33 AM
#3. "RE: Auto Bracketing with Nikon D50"
In response to Reply # 2

Camberley, GB

Mark. I don't know if you've been away? But, it would be nice to hear back from you on whether our replies have been of help and resolved your question.
Derek
My Gallery
My Nikonians Gallery

MasterDabber Silver Member Nikonian since 10th Dec 2005Sat 28-Mar-09 11:01 AM
#4. "RE: Auto Bracketing with Nikon D50"
In response to Reply # 3

Camberley, GB

Well, I'm really glad I took the time to answer your question Mark.

You seem to have posted once then disappeared into the ether. No acknowledgement or anything. If you have a genuine reason for not replying then fair enough .. but otherwise shame on you.
Derek

My Gallery
My Nikonians Gallery

MotoMannequin Moderator Awarded for his extraordinary skills in landscape and wildlife photography Nikonian since 11th Jan 2006Sat 28-Mar-09 03:23 PM
8582 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#5. "RE: Auto Bracketing with Nikon D50"
In response to Reply # 4

Livermore, CA, US

Actually Mark contacted me by e-mail to thank me for my responses Some people have not such an easy time working this interweb thingy

Larry - a Bay Area Nikonian
My Nikonians gallery

www.tempered-light.com

MasterDabber Silver Member Nikonian since 10th Dec 2005Sat 28-Mar-09 03:30 PM
#6. "RE: Auto Bracketing with Nikon D50"
In response to Reply # 5

Camberley, GB

>Some people have not such an easy time working
>this interweb thingy

But managed to post the question though Larry!

Don't want to labour this unnecessarily but this is a pet hate of mine. I find it intensely rude not to make some acknowledgement when someone takes the time to answer a specific question.
I always try and go out of my way to thank people. I've had a lot of very helpful advice from several Nikonians... both within the context of a forum thread and also through private emails and I have greatly appreciated it.

Derek

My Gallery
My Nikonians Gallery

MotoMannequin Moderator Awarded for his extraordinary skills in landscape and wildlife photography Nikonian since 11th Jan 2006Sat 28-Mar-09 10:04 PM
8582 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#7. "RE: Auto Bracketing with Nikon D50"
In response to Reply # 6

Livermore, CA, US

You're right Derek. At least your comment is here for others asking the same question who might come across this thread in a search. Ultimately we contribute to benefit the community, and you've done that. We're thankful even if the OP isn't.

Larry - a Bay Area Nikonian
My Nikonians gallery

www.tempered-light.com

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #37924 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.