nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
pseudotexan

US
70 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
pseudotexan Registered since 02nd Feb 2009
Mon 02-Feb-09 07:25 PM

I have been lurking for a while trying to glean all the informattion I could but I have some other questions. I/we (my wife and I) got a D60 with the two VR lens package, yes the gold one I have seen disparaged elsewhere, and all kinds of goodies. I have taken several hundred shots and so has my better half. I do the cataloging and playing with the images.

We shoot in fine, large mode and I have been using Picasa3 to edit them as .jpg files. I have a trial version of Nikon NX that I haven't used or loaded. Is it that much better? Will I see a difference in the final product if it is only a digital pictureframe??

Second, did I buy the wrong camera for shooting the boys playing ball outside? What would a "faster" lens than the 55-200 VR I have be(and which of my children would it cost me)?

third, I was only looking at a point and shoot super zooms when a salesperson suggested I try the Dslr's if I wanted a true do-it-all camera and once I shot a few frames with the d60 I was in serious like. So I did what any one would do and read everything I could about it and was totally confused. I also tried out the copmetition. So now I have this terriffic camera and feel like I should do more with it. The kids and the dogs run when they see me with it and my wife, well that look could kill, fortunately I am hardened to it. Where do you find what you enjoy shooting? I have shot the birds and squirrels at the feeder and have learned alot of things not to do to get a good shot like kill the autofocus or you get a great shot of the tree but your target critter is blurry.

Any response to my rambling would be appreciated as there is so much I don't know. I have read the d60 magic lantern book and have hit the library for the kodak photography book.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: New Guy with a cool toy