Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #3656
View in linear mode

Subject: "Where can I get prints made from digital files?" Previous topic | Next topic
bill500 Silver Member Nikonian since 23rd Oct 2002Wed 15-Feb-06 12:49 AM
1760 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Where can I get prints made from digital files?"

Houston, US

Does anyone upload their files to a lab and receive prints in the mail? I'd like to start doing this. I prefer a lab that doesn't "correct" images. The nearest CVS Pharmacy does a better job than all the other drugstores and Wal Mart with great prices. But their Fuji Aladdin or Frontier or whatever it's called is down about 3 or 4 days a week. This is getting old!

Bill

Nikonian in Houston Texas

D300, D50(never gets used anymore)

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Where can I get prints made from digital files?
pwalessi
15th Feb 2006
troush
15th Feb 2006
beavo451
15th Feb 2006
bill500 Silver Member
15th Feb 2006
kdx220
18th Feb 2006
Serleth
16th Feb 2006
Lenny53
19th Feb 2006
bclaff Silver Member
19th Feb 2006
BluTat2
05th Mar 2006
SaintRob
05th Mar 2006
nipprdog
05th Mar 2006

pwalessi Registered since 30th Jan 2006Wed 15-Feb-06 01:15 AM
22 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Where can I get prints made from digital files?"
In response to Reply # 0

I've had good results with Shutterfly, and they are always running promos and giving away free prints. I just got a free 16 X 20 print the other day. I think that you get 20 or so free 4 x 6 prints when you sign up, so it can't hurt to try it out.

troush Registered since 16th Dec 2005Wed 15-Feb-06 02:44 AM
76 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Where can I get prints made from digital files?"
In response to Reply # 0

Aurora, US

I've used yorkphoto.com and been happy with the results. You can upload the files and then they have a crop tool so you can choose how they are cropped for printing.

-Trish

My Homepage

beavo451 Registered since 25th Dec 2005Wed 15-Feb-06 02:24 PM
129 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Where can I get prints made from digital files?"
In response to Reply # 0

Richardson, US

White House Custom Colour
Awesome lab. No correction. Two-day UPS Shippping.

bill500 Silver Member Nikonian since 23rd Oct 2002Wed 15-Feb-06 09:10 PM
1760 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Where can I get prints made from digital files?"
In response to Reply # 3

Houston, US

Thanks to all. I uploaded some files to Shutterfly last night and I'll get my free 4x6's and give them a try.

Bill

Nikonian in Houston Texas

D300, D50(never gets used anymore)

kdx220 Registered since 11th Feb 2006Sat 18-Feb-06 04:45 PM
20 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: Where can I get prints made from digital files?"
In response to Reply # 4

US

When you get your prints from shutterfly, please post your results and findings, as I have been considering them also.

Serleth Registered since 04th Jan 2006Thu 16-Feb-06 09:55 PM
78 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Where can I get prints made from digital files?"
In response to Reply # 0

Edmonton, CA

Anyone here use a Canada-based print company?

Mike
Albertan Nikonian

Lenny53 Registered since 14th Jan 2006Sun 19-Feb-06 02:26 AM
28 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: Where can I get prints made from digital files?"
In response to Reply # 5

Montreal, CA

Japan Camera lets you upload via the internet, then you can go to the store to pick and pay for the prints.

bclaff Silver Member Awarded for multiple contributions for the Resources Nikonian since 26th Oct 2004Sun 19-Feb-06 03:44 AM
9681 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#8. "RE: Where can I get prints made from digital files?"
In response to Reply # 0

Vancouver (WA USA not Canada), US

Bill,

I use ezprints
They are based in Georgia, USA and deliver by USPS.

Bill

Visit me at My site

BluTat2 Registered since 21st Dec 2005Sun 05-Mar-06 02:55 PM
18 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#9. "RE: Where can I get prints made from digital files?"
In response to Reply # 0

Greer, US

I've used MPix.com a couple of times. They won't color correct if you do not want it. You get your prints in a couple of days. Had some printed on metallic paper, results were great.

Just my thoughts..

My Gallery

SaintRob Registered since 12th Feb 2006Sun 05-Mar-06 03:48 PM
12 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#10. "RE: Where can I get prints made from digital files?"
In response to Reply # 9

New Orleans,

www.walgreens.com does a pretty good job and they're convenient. I mean, who doesn't have a walgreens around the corner from them?

nipprdog Registered since 29th Oct 2005Sun 05-Mar-06 08:17 PM
200 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#11. "RE: Where can I get prints made from digital files?"
In response to Reply # 10

US

>www.walgreens.com does a pretty good job and they're
>convenient. I mean, who doesn't have a walgreens around the
>corner from them?

walgreen's has the same 'condition' that walmart's online service has;

"As a condition to your Membership, you hereby grant Walgreens and the PHOTO.WALGREENS.COM Site Host (presently Hewlett-Packard Co. d/b/a/ Snapfish) a perpetual, universal, non-exclusive, royalty-free right to copy, display, modify, transmit, make derivative works of and distribute your Content".

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #3656 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.