nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D60-How is the noise on long exposures?

edac

US
289 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
edac Registered since 18th Jan 2007
Thu 22-Jan-09 06:00 AM

Hello all,

I currently own a D80 and prowl the D70/80/90 forum, I just saw a post here about the D60 at Adorama for $299. Seems to me a great deal, so here is my question. How is the sensor noise during long exposures on the D60? I love the D80 but the sensor noise is unacceptable during long exposures, 1 minute or more for example. I have discovered by checking around this is a problem with alot of D80s. I came from a D70 which had no where near the sensor noise as the D80, I used the D70 to take lightning photos at night and would leave the shutter open for 3-4 mins and not have the noise I get on the D80 after 30+ seconds. Ask around it is BAD. If the D60 is better than the D80 I would consider getting one just for the long exposures night photography I love to do.

My other option would be to sell the D80 and pony up $600+ for a D90, but it would be much more affordable for me to pay the $299 and keep the D80. Anyone who has any experience with long exposures with the D60, I would appreciate your input and insight on that camera. Also I use exclusively DX lenses so I believe those are the only ones that work on the D60, is that correct?

Thanks,
Mark

It's Good to be Gold!
Proudly Supporting Nikonians

---------------------------------
Not all those who wander are lost.

Subject
ID
Reply message No one has any experience with long shutter speeds?
Reply message RE: No one has any experience with long shutter speeds?
     Reply message RE: No one has any experience with long shutter speeds?
Reply message RE: D60-How is the noise on long exposures?

G