nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
AristonCC

Highland, US
109 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
AristonCC Registered since 28th Oct 2005
Fri 28-Oct-05 10:08 PM

1st Question:

Does anyone know why the D50 (and D70 for that matter) are limited to ISO200? I sent an email to Nikon, but haven't gotten a response. I've heard from several people that this is a hurting point for Nikon. I'm still quite new to DSLRs so I've been merrily shooting at ISO200 on auto-mode for the past few days since I bought the camera.

Has anyone felt restricted because of the ISO limitation?

2nd Question:

What is the best software for the Mac for working with NEF files? I have Photoshop CS2, and have heard of a plug-in, but also heard that all it does is unlock the white balance information. I'd love to shoot in RAW, but don't want to have to use the Nikon software. I found one other piece of software that says it can work the D50 RAW files, but it's only for the PC (yuck!). Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Ariston Collander
http://www.aristonphotography.com
Living History Events and Costume Portraiture

Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: D50 questions BJNicholls Gold Member Awarded for his contributions to the community and the Resources
28th Oct 2005
Reply message RE: D50 questions edmun
28th Oct 2005
     Reply message RE: D50 questions BJNicholls Gold Member Awarded for his contributions to the community and the Resources
29th Oct 2005
          Reply message RE: D50 questions edmun
29th Oct 2005
Reply message RE: D50 questions sebright Silver Member
25th Nov 2005
Reply message RE: D50 questions K1W1
25th Nov 2005
Reply message RE: D50 questions ABQ_G35
25th Nov 2005
26th Nov 2005