Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #33757
View in linear mode

Subject: "D60 Bulb mode" Previous topic | Next topic
phab Registered since 05th Nov 2008Wed 05-Nov-08 07:55 PM
3 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"D60 Bulb mode"

GB

I can't get bulb mode when using remote,
I set mode to manual,
select bulb, then select remote and bulb is replaced with TIME?
every time the same thing happens,
I have used it with success a month ago, but somethings changed and I don't know what. any ideas?

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: D60 Bulb mode
JDMils
05th Nov 2008
phab
05th Nov 2008
sillyconguru
05th Nov 2008
phab
05th Nov 2008
JDMils
06th Nov 2008
ou2mame
06th Nov 2008
jnaarnold
04th Sep 2009

JDMils Registered since 23rd Jul 2008Wed 05-Nov-08 08:27 PM
258 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: D60 Bulb mode"
In response to Reply # 0
Wed 05-Nov-08 08:29 PM by JDMils

AU

"Bulb" is where the shutter remains open WHILE the shutter release button is pressed. You do not need a remote for this mode.

"Time" is where the shutter opens on pressing the shutter release button and closes when again pressing the shutter release button. The remote is required in this mode. You need to set the Release Mode to Delayed Remote or Quick-Response Remote (P54 of your manual).

I suppose you need to change the "Release Mode" so that "Time" is not activated.

Since I don't have a remote- do you HAVE to have a remote to use "Time" mode? The manual insinuates that it is "required".

|
+-- JDMils
|
+-- D60
+-- AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR
+-- AF-S NIKKOR 50mm f/1.4G
+-- HOYA 52mm Clear PRO1 DIGITAL Protector Filter DMC LPF (on the 18-55)
+-- HOYA 58mm Clear SKYLIGHT Protector Filter (on the 50)
|
+-- Navman forums at http://forums@jdmils.com
|

phab Registered since 05th Nov 2008Wed 05-Nov-08 08:35 PM
3 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: D60 Bulb mode"
In response to Reply # 1

GB

I have used this before, and it worked ok.
this time, when I set the release to remote, Bulb disappears and Time is shown, I don't understand why, I've only had the D60 10 weeks so I'm not that experienced.

sillyconguru Registered since 31st Oct 2005Wed 05-Nov-08 09:05 PM
1915 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: D60 Bulb mode"
In response to Reply # 2

GB

>Bulb disappears
>and Time is shown, I don't understand why,

Because if it was 'bulb' then you'd have to keep the remote control's button pressed for the duration of the exposure (not good for battery consumption), with 'time' you press the remote's button once to open the shutter and again to close it.

Please read page 46 of your camera's user manual.

phab Registered since 05th Nov 2008Wed 05-Nov-08 09:41 PM
#4. "RE: D60 Bulb mode"
In response to Reply # 3

GB

I've read the manual!

I switch on with dial on M

screen shows BULB, but shutter release is set to default, single shot.

so I change the setting to remote, as soon as I reset it, display shows TIME, if I try and re set to bulb using the command wheel it always shows TIME! I've tried reset but no change.

As I said before I've used bulb with the remote before and no problems, I was wondering if it was a fault or I had changed a setting that affected the Bulb function.

JDMils Registered since 23rd Jul 2008Thu 06-Nov-08 12:56 AM
258 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: D60 Bulb mode"
In response to Reply # 4

AU

Reset the camera settings from the menus then try it- should work now.

|
+-- JDMils
|
+-- D60
+-- AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR
+-- AF-S NIKKOR 50mm f/1.4G
+-- HOYA 52mm Clear PRO1 DIGITAL Protector Filter DMC LPF (on the 18-55)
+-- HOYA 58mm Clear SKYLIGHT Protector Filter (on the 50)
|
+-- Navman forums at http://forums@jdmils.com
|

ou2mame Registered since 06th Oct 2008Thu 06-Nov-08 03:06 AM
#6. "RE: D60 Bulb mode"
In response to Reply # 0

Huntington, US

i ran into a problem with this.. you have to setup the remote for the camera first, and then select bulb mode. i usually snap a quick picture before setting it to bulb.. then you click it, and it opens the shutter, click again and it closes it.

jnaarnold Registered since 02nd Mar 2009Fri 04-Sep-09 01:28 AM
57 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: D60 Bulb mode"
In response to Reply # 6

US

It is supposed to read - TIME - . It still functions as a typicall bulb mode however.
J

Visit www.johnarnoldphotography.net

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #33757 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.