nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Rain and the D40X, others

zukester

Southbury, US
103 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to send message via AOL IM
zukester Registered since 17th Jul 2008
Sat 06-Sep-08 01:39 PM

One of the members here did a days shoot in Denmark I believe it was, shooting rain. At the end, last slide, he showed the camera being absolutely soaking wet and mentioned how it has good seals to keep it dry for just such a thing. It was a D60. I have a D40X.

Can I go out in the rain and take shots without worries of ruining it? I mean, I am not going to hold it out under a downpour all day, but are they designed for photographers to be able to go out during rainstorms? I would think yes, since photojournalists have to shoot hurricanes, rain flooding, etc.

I am talking REASONABLY wqaterproof, not an underwater camera I can drop into the lake and retrieve with an accidental shot of a trophy bass...although, that would be nice

I say this because Hurricane Hannah is coming this way in a few hours. I may want to take some practice shots like he did.

Thanks so much.

Zukester

Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Rain and the D40X, others fenris
06th Sep 2008
Reply message RE: Rain and the D40X, others woodworker5112
06th Sep 2008
     Reply message Water proof Drop Bear
08th Sep 2008
Reply message RE: Rain and the D40X, others MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas
08th Sep 2008
Reply message RE: Rain and the D40X, others MotoMannequin Moderator Awarded for his extraordinary skills in landscape and wildlife photography
09th Sep 2008
Reply message RE: Rain and the D40X, others zukester
09th Sep 2008
11th Sep 2008
          Reply message RE: Rain and the D40X, others Beatkat Silver Member
12th Sep 2008
12th Sep 2008
                    Reply message RE: Rain and the D40X, others benlawton
19th Sep 2008
Reply message RE: Rain and the D40X, others TXCiclista