nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
prescott_anthony

US
13 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
prescott_anthony Registered since 08th Aug 2008
Thu 14-Aug-08 08:35 AM

Hi everyone,
I am going to order a lens today for my D40x and I have heard that only Nikkor AF lenses are compatible to it. I tried a Quantaray with it once but I had to focus it manually. Is this the case with all lenses other than the Nikkor AF? I would love to get the 18-200 VR from Nikon but it just isn't in my budet at the moment (baby on the wa I am mostly interested in large zoom range. My next choice would be the Nikkor 70-300 But $500 bucks is pretty expensive as well. Then I read a review of the cheap Nikkor VR 55-200 and it said that although it was plasticy feeling it was very sharp (in good light) and well worth the money. That sounds like a good lens for me considering the price. Can anyone give me any advice? If I can get a good lens that is comparable to the Nikkor 18-200 or 70-300 from another maker that will work with my D40X at a good price that would be great. Thanks in advance for any help!

G