nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #30349
View in linear mode

Subject: " ORDERED LENS, NOW I WORRY!!!!! HURRY" Previous topic | Next topic
pasknucklehead Silver Member Nikonian since 06th Feb 2008Mon 14-Jul-08 03:29 AM
1423 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
" ORDERED LENS, NOW I WORRY!!!!! HURRY"

US

Hi guys,
Tell me I did the right thing. I ordered a nikon 55-200 f4 5.6 G ED AF S Vr dx lens from photo connection. That will auto focus on my d-40 right. I tried looking everywhere to see if this lens was compatable but I couldn't find out anything. What does all those letters mean? It was only $177.00 was that a good price? Darlene

Darlene

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: ORDERED LENS, NOW I WORRY!!!!! HURRY
rmoncada
14th Jul 2008
aolander Silver Member
14th Jul 2008
LostRebel
14th Jul 2008
guthycs
14th Jul 2008
mtpenmaker
14th Jul 2008
pasknucklehead Silver Member
15th Jul 2008
mtpenmaker
15th Jul 2008
pasknucklehead Silver Member
15th Jul 2008
Asgard Administrator He is your Chief Guardian Angel at the Helpdesk and knows a lot about a lot
15th Jul 2008

rmoncada Registered since 31st Mar 2008Mon 14-Jul-08 03:41 AM
157 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: ORDERED LENS, NOW I WORRY!!!!! HURRY"
In response to Reply # 0

Tamarac, US

Darlene... no worries. That lens will fit fine with your D40 and autofocus as well. Its a decent price for a VR lens. They go anywhere from that price to about $250 or so. Good job finding a good deal. Post some pics when you use it. Enjoy!

Sigma 24-60 f2.8 DG

Flickr:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rm_photography

Blog:
http://rmoncadaphoto.wordpress.com/

Myspace:
www.myspace.com/datruth51

aolander Silver Member Nikonian since 15th Sep 2006Mon 14-Jul-08 04:34 AM
3357 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: ORDERED LENS, NOW I WORRY!!!!! HURRY"
In response to Reply # 0

Nevis, US

If the lens' name includes "AF-S", then it is completely compatible with the D40, D40x and D60.

LostRebel Registered since 11th Jun 2008Mon 14-Jul-08 04:11 PM
74 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: ORDERED LENS, NOW I WORRY!!!!! HURRY"
In response to Reply # 2

US

Hello Darlene...
Since I didn't notice anyone specifically answering your question about what all those letters mean, rather me try to explain, I've found this link on Nikonians invaluable in researching and choosing lenses. http://www.nikonians.org/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=146&topic_id=7060&mesg_id=7060&page=

The specific one to explain all the letters is (viii). There is also a lens compatibility chart under (viii) as well. Relax about your new lens an eagerly anticipate it's arrival. Hope this helps you in the future. Jim

guthycs Registered since 17th Aug 2006Mon 14-Jul-08 07:30 PM
48 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: ORDERED LENS, NOW I WORRY!!!!! HURRY"
In response to Reply # 0

Edmonton, CA

You shouldn't worry about compatibility, but you SHOULD WORRY about the seller. Read this:

http://forums.cnet.com/5208-6035_102-0.html?hhTest=1&forumID=58&threadID=92463&messageID=2643983

For some reason there're a lot of dishonest/scam photography equipment sellers registered in NY. Sorry for the bad news. If the deal sounds too good to be true, there's a reason for that.

Csaba

D50
Quantaray 28-90mm F3.5-F5.6 AF
Nikon 75-300mm F4.5-F5.6 AF
Nikon 50mm F1.8 AF
Nikon SB-600

mtpenmaker Registered since 23rd Aug 2007Mon 14-Jul-08 08:03 PM
1840 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: ORDERED LENS, NOW I WORRY!!!!! HURRY"
In response to Reply # 4

Billings, US

When you don't do your homework as you should do BEFORE ordering something, this is what you get.

Gerry Rhoades
Montana Pens
www.montanapens.com
D40, F4, FM2n, N90s and not enough glass

pasknucklehead Silver Member Nikonian since 06th Feb 2008Tue 15-Jul-08 12:38 AM
1423 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: ORDERED LENS, NOW I WORRY!!!!! HURRY"
In response to Reply # 5

US

Hi, I did do my homework, spent about 3 hours researching everywhere and everything. This was the lowest price I found, plus I checked the reviews and their site return policy. Darlene

Darlene

mtpenmaker Registered since 23rd Aug 2007Tue 15-Jul-08 02:16 AM
1840 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: ORDERED LENS, NOW I WORRY!!!!! HURRY"
In response to Reply # 6

Billings, US

IF you had done your homework as you claim, you would not need to ask if the lens is compatible with the D40. There's a list of compatible lenses in the fourth topic in this forum and it's been there for many months.

Gerry Rhoades
Montana Pens
www.montanapens.com
D40, F4, FM2n, N90s and not enough glass

pasknucklehead Silver Member Nikonian since 06th Feb 2008Tue 15-Jul-08 02:18 PM
#8. "RE: ORDERED LENS, NOW I WORRY!!!!! HURRY"
In response to Reply # 7

US

Sorry for depending on you guys, and not myself. Will learn from this mistake. Darlene

Darlene

Asgard Administrator He is your Chief Guardian Angel at the Helpdesk and knows a lot about a lot Nikonian since 07th Apr 2004Tue 15-Jul-08 06:15 PM
52418 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#9. "RE: ORDERED LENS, NOW I WORRY!!!!! HURRY"
In response to Reply # 0
Tue 15-Jul-08 06:16 PM by Asgard

East Frisia, DE

Please remember the tone of our usual spirit of friendliness and support.

Thank you.

Gerold - Nikonian in East Frisia
Eala Freya Fresena

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #30349 Previous topic | Next topic