nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Help Please ! D40 Onboard Flash dissapointment..

blacmore7

maidstone, UK
10 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
blacmore7 Registered since 18th Apr 2007
Fri 11-Jul-08 08:00 AM

Help please very dissapointed and confused
In complete contrast to my well exposed bright no flash outdoor photos I have been getting mostly everytime underexposed too dark indoor flash photos with my D40 and onboard flash, even and mostly with closer shots of my cats / and people at say 4ft to 10 ft using usually 5.6 in A priority,

lens set usually at between 18mm and up to about 55 mm indoors in a normal lit 20ft X 18 ft living room , Most picture are not bright enough and have to be lightend in picassa and still do not look LOL as good to be truthfull as the the better exposed ( brighter ) indoor flash shots I get with my old p&S canon A610 or fuji f30 compacts .

The D40 is set on 200 iso( but using the auto up to 800iso option set in the menue ) lowest shuter speed at my usuall 125, Lens 18-135 0r sometimes 18-200VR, both same results too dark results,Thank you for any advice or solution .

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Help Please ! D40 Onboard Flash dissapointment..

G