nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #29288
View in linear mode

Subject: " Nikon D40 & Lowepro TopLoader 65 AW" Previous topic | Next topic
dimm0k Registered since 28th May 2008Sun 08-Jun-08 10:44 PM
11 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
" Nikon D40 & Lowepro TopLoader 65 AW"

US

Recently got myself a Nikon D40 and would like to keep in safe in a holster style case. I"ve narrowed down my choices to the Lowepro TopLoader 65 AW and was wondering if anyone had any comments for this bag housing the Nikon D40.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

mtpenmaker Registered since 23rd Aug 2007Sun 08-Jun-08 11:04 PM
1840 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Nikon D40 & Lowepro TopLoader 65 AW"
In response to Reply # 0
Sun 08-Jun-08 11:05 PM by mtpenmaker

Billings, US

I had a similar style case for several years but I used it as either a shoulder bag or with a harness that turned it into a chest pack. I tried it once on my belt and it was awful. It was OK as long as I didn't want to take any other lenses or a flash with me. I've since given that case to my son and I now use a Lowepro Slingshot 200. We went to Chicago to visit relatives at Christmas and I was able to get my F4 w/35-70 f/2.8 mounted, D40 w/18-200 mounted, 24mm f/2, filters, blower and flash diffuser in it. I put my SB-24 and tripod in my suitcase. The main thing to think about when buying a bag is not only how it works for your kit now, but how will it work if you add to your kit. I know you can add lenses cases to it, but individual lens cases are not always very practical in the field.

Gerry Rhoades
Montana Pens
www.montanapens.com
D40, F4, FM2n, N90s and not enough glass

dave_gt Basic MemberSun 08-Jun-08 11:35 PM
1085 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Nikon D40 & Lowepro TopLoader 65 AW"
In response to Reply # 0
Sun 08-Jun-08 11:36 PM by dave_gt

US

I have a 65 AW and have used it for my F3/T HP as well as my F5, believe it or not. It's a good bag and would work fine with the D40 and both lenses.

One thing to know up front...over time, you will have more bags than you can store...but that's just the way it is! LOL...

dave

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #29288 Previous topic | Next topic