nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #28220
View in linear mode

Subject: "Which memory card ?" Previous topic | Next topic
koastal Registered since 06th May 2008Tue 06-May-08 06:27 AM
2 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Which memory card ?"

KH

Hi,
I just bought my very first SLR camera, a Nikon D40/18-55mm lens from Cameta Camera @ $360 . WUHOOO! However I need to buy a/some memory cards. I will be tkaing mostly landscape and motocross shots here in Cambodia. Should I just go a couple of 4GB cards and then get a card reader ? I want ease of use as I hate having all sorts of widgets and gadgets to cart around.I read about the Sandisk 2GB USB cards that you just plug in to your pc. What else should I look at ? thanks in advance

k

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

twistedlogic Registered since 07th Apr 2008Tue 06-May-08 02:38 PM
87 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Which memory card ?"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Did you know that your camera has a USB cable and port to upload them straight from the camera? I know this takes some toll on the battery (more than just shooting), but uploading doesn't take that long. You just have to remember while looking at all your new photos you just uploaded to turn off and unplug your camera, lol.

As many suggest, the problem with having a high capacity card is that if one fails, you've lost all those pics. So I guess its better to lose just 2GB than 4GB, he he.

koastal Registered since 06th May 2008Wed 07-May-08 07:05 AM
2 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Which memory card ?"
In response to Reply # 1

KH

I understand the camera can be plugged into the laptop ( its what I currently do with my little Sony cybershot ) but usually I leave my laptop at work and so I thought it would be easier to take out the USB compatible card and just take that to work after weekend of shooting instead of carting the whole camera ?

k

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #28220 Previous topic | Next topic