nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
phillyguy

Philadelphia, US
221 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
phillyguy Registered since 03rd Nov 2005
Thu 03-Nov-05 01:59 PM

Hi All,

Glad to have these forums back, couldn't believe how much I did miss them, and I haven’t even purchased my Nikon yet!

Anyway, I've been saving to move from film to a DSLR, and I would like some opinions on which to buy (sorry, D200 is too much for me right now.)

If I get the D50, I would upgrade and get the 18-70mm lens. If I get the D70, it comes with that lens and with the rebate it's the same price as the D50 with the upgraded lens.

Now, I know most local retailers are out of D70's, but B&H still has them in stock so I do have a decision to make. I've read all about the differences, I guess my major concern is there really a major difference in the pics that are taken? I can't imagine the sensors are that different. Also, since I’m new to DSLR’s AND I want my wife to be able to use the camera, would the D50 be easier to learn and use, meaning since there’s only one command dial, etc., less options = better results?

Hope this made sense, any help/opinions is greatly appreciated.

Jason
Philadelphia Nikonian

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D50 or D70?