nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #26681
View in linear mode

Subject: "D60 .nef and photoshop cs3" Previous topic | Next topic
H13 Registered since 11th Mar 2008Thu 13-Mar-08 02:30 PM
3 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"D60 .nef and photoshop cs3"

US

I am new to the Nikon family with my D60.

I am trying to open my .nef files using Photoshop CS3. I keep getting a messages indicating it is "not the right kind of document"

I downloaded the Adobe Camera Raw 4.3.1. I am not really sure I installed it correctly, since the files will still not open.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
H13

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: D60 .nef and photoshop cs3
sillyconguru
13th Mar 2008
H13
13th Mar 2008
hwdx347
13th Mar 2008
Optimum
14th Mar 2008
H13
14th Mar 2008
adebartolo
16th Mar 2008

sillyconguru Registered since 31st Oct 2005Thu 13-Mar-08 03:18 PM
1915 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: D60 .nef and photoshop cs3"
In response to Reply # 0

UK

>I downloaded the Adobe Camera Raw 4.3.1. I am not really sure
>I installed it correctly, since the files will still not
>open.

AFAIK, there has not been an update for ACR that accomodates the D60. The newest .NEF files that ACR v4.3.1 will open are from the D3 & D300.

(If you want to check what ACR plug-in is installed in CS3 go to Help > About Plug-In > Camera Raw... A window will pop-up informing you what version is installed.)

H13 Registered since 11th Mar 2008Thu 13-Mar-08 03:20 PM
3 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: D60 .nef and photoshop cs3"
In response to Reply # 1

US

Ok, thank you.

hwdx347 Basic MemberThu 13-Mar-08 03:48 PM
6273 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: D60 .nef and photoshop cs3"
In response to Reply # 1

Maumelle, US

The Adobe site will also tell you which cameras are covered by ACR 4.3.1.

Hedley
Originally from Merthyr Tydfil, Wales -- now in Arkansas

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Optimum Registered since 29th Oct 2005Fri 14-Mar-08 11:26 AM
80 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: D60 .nef and photoshop cs3"
In response to Reply # 0

SI

Lightroom has just released their 1.4 version with D60 support. So there is probably a Camera raw update as well..

H13 Registered since 11th Mar 2008Fri 14-Mar-08 11:58 AM
#5. "RE: D60 .nef and photoshop cs3"
In response to Reply # 4

US

Wow, thanks Hedley.

That did the trick.

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/thankyou.jsp?ftpID=3894&fileID=3649

I just copied the file to the PS CS3/Plug-Ins/File Formats folder, and started up P.S. and it worked like a charm

adebartolo Registered since 26th May 2004Sun 16-Mar-08 06:29 PM
167 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: D60 .nef and photoshop cs3"
In response to Reply # 5

New Rochelle, US

I'm using a mac, and I also copied the plug into PS CS3 and that works, but when trying to open an image in "Bridge" I come up with the non supported file "egg" icon. I tried the same technique coping into plug in folder and still can't open D60 images there. Help?

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #26681 Previous topic | Next topic