Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #25842
View in linear mode

Subject: "Anyone have the Opteka Battery Pack Grip for Nikon D40?" Previous topic | Next topic
meathead333 Registered since 10th Sep 2007Thu 14-Feb-08 03:47 PM
273 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Anyone have the Opteka Battery Pack Grip for Nikon D40?"
Thu 14-Feb-08 03:54 PM by meathead333

Alexandria, US

I am looking to add a little size and more battery life to my D40 body...anyone have this? With my 18-200mm vr and sb-600 flash, id like a little more to grab on to.

http://www.amazon.com/Opteka-Battery-Vertical-extended-Batteries/dp/B000YGO8S0

Pictures and reviews welcome...

EDIT: I just realized there are a few threads which already address my question. Either way, anyone have a picture of the grip installed?

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

litetackle Registered since 03rd Jan 2008Fri 29-Feb-08 01:10 AM
1 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Anyone have the Opteka Battery Pack Grip for Nikon D40?"
In response to Reply # 0

US

I had one on my D40 and it looked good, felt good in my hands and worked great. My local camera shop finally got a D300 in stock and I couldn't resist the urge to make the trade. However, I kept the Opteka Grip and the 2 batteries that came with it. If anyone is interested in one of these in like new condition at a good price, let me know. Back to your question. Would I recommend this grip. Yes, if you are looking for one, I think you would like the Opteka.

sonnyhung Registered since 23rd Apr 2009Thu 23-Apr-09 12:59 AM
1 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Anyone have the Opteka Battery Pack Grip for Nikon D40?"
In response to Reply # 1

US

do you still have this? I'm interested - contact me before my free trial ends ;-P

gunfighter48 Registered since 01st Aug 2008Thu 23-Apr-09 06:50 PM
136 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Anyone have the Opteka Battery Pack Grip for Nikon D40?"
In response to Reply # 0

Seattle, US

I bought the Opteka for my D60 and it worked great. They are well made, give you some extra weight to help balance lenses, the extra battery capacity is always welcome, and I needed the extra grip area for my fat paws. It was well worth the money for me.

gunfighter48
A steady hand works good for cameras and guns.

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #25842 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.