nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
wgs

22 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
wgs Registered since 01st Nov 2005
Thu 03-Nov-05 11:49 AM

I have had my D50 for a few months, and I am loving it. The quality of the pictures I am taking is amazing. This is my fisrt dSLR, and I am generally happy with my decision. I am having 2 issues with the camera so far...

1) No grid lines. I didn't think I would need them, but most of my landscape shots are tilted. I can usually correct this with software, but I would much prefer to get it right in the camera. Will there be an upgrade available for the focus screen? If the screen from the d70 was placed in the d50, would the lines be able to be controlled?

2) Double flash... Is there a way to eliminate the double flash? Each time I take a picture of my cat and ocassionally when I take a picture of a person, the first firing of the flash makes the subject blink. It seems that even at 1/500 I do not capture open eyes.

Thanks,
Bill

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: A few D50 questions