Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #22893
View in linear mode

Subject: "Linking D50 with pc to review images" Previous topic | Next topic
zoi Registered since 02nd Nov 2007Fri 02-Nov-07 01:25 PM
5 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Linking D50 with pc to review images"

london, GB

Hi All, I purchased a d50 a while ago and have recently started taking product images. I was at an exhibition recently where i saw someone with a canon camera linked to the pc, so that every time he would take an image it would appear on the pc almost instantly. The image was crisp with his unique kind of light cube as well. This light cube had 4 lights inside the cube in the four corners. Now, before you start getting bored can i use the same kind of system on my nikon d50 as in connecting my d50 with a pc and a cable to my pc. What kind of software and wires would i need? Me and my question box. All responses will be appreciated. I live in the UK so any reference websites where i could buy the stuff from would be nice too.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

pforsell Silver Member Charter MemberFri 02-Nov-07 02:52 PM
690 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Linking D50 with pc to review images"
In response to Reply # 0

Pori, FI

http://nikonimaging.com/global/products/software/control_pro/index.htm

zoi Registered since 02nd Nov 2007Fri 02-Nov-07 03:36 PM
5 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Linking D50 with pc to review images"
In response to Reply # 1

london, GB

Thanks alot. Will buy one ASAP and see how it goes

greenwing Gold Member Nikonian since 18th May 2006Fri 02-Nov-07 09:30 PM
1301 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Linking D50 with pc to review images"
In response to Reply # 2

Yorkshire, GB

I think you can get a 30-day trial before you buy it? Also, if your D50 came with a trial version of Nikon Capture 4, and you haven't yet tried it (or have another PC on which you could try it), Capture included Camera Control. When Capture NX was released, Camera control was split out into a separate product. Sneaky, eh?

Chris

zoi Registered since 02nd Nov 2007Fri 02-Nov-07 10:03 PM
#4. "RE: Linking D50 with pc to review images"
In response to Reply # 3

london, GB

That is really cheeky of them. I installed it initially but it couldn't find the camera (the camera was switched on and connected). Although the canon one that i saw had many more functions it was like as if someone connected the camera to photoshop. Is there a more advanced software that could be used with nikon d50's?

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #22893 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.