nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D50 / Street-Travel Photography / Compact Lens

Drbee

US
5866 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Drbee Silver Member Nikonian since 05th Aug 2004
Wed 02-Nov-05 03:51 PM

I'm thinking about getting a D50 for street and travel photography. I'm an experienced photographer and have a battery of lenses. The compactness of the camera is what appeals to me for this application but the lens also needs to be compact and fast. I'm thinking my 24mm f2.8 AF-D and 35mm f2.0 AF-D lenses would be the lenses of choice for this application. A 35mm and 50mm lens is what I normally use on a film camera for this kind of photography. For a little longer reach and more compactness, I could use my 45mm f2.8 AI-P lens.

Anyone with experience in this area that could offer their preferences and suggestions? Thanks in advance.

I'm assuming that with a lot of lens changing, I'll eventually get a dirty sensor. Any comments on the ease/difficulty of cleaning a D50 sensor?

Best Regards,
Roger

Roger
It's still, ISO, aperture and shutter-speed, right?

Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: D50 / Street-Travel Photography / Compact Lens MINGZNIKONIAN
02nd Nov 2005
Reply message RE: D50 / Street-Travel Photography / Compact Lens Drbee Silver Member
02nd Nov 2005
Reply message RE: D50 / Street-Travel Photography / Compact Lens avm247 Moderator Awarded for high skills in documentary architecture and aviation photography Donor Ribbon. Awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
02nd Nov 2005
Reply message RE: D50 / Street-Travel Photography / Compact Lens avm247 Moderator Awarded for high skills in documentary architecture and aviation photography Donor Ribbon. Awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
02nd Nov 2005
Reply message RE: D50 / Street-Travel Photography / Compact Lens Drbee Silver Member
02nd Nov 2005
02nd Nov 2005

G