Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #213
View in linear mode

Subject: "Dirt when viewing..." Previous topic | Next topic
tomcatuk Registered since 02nd Nov 2005Wed 02-Nov-05 10:34 AM
39 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Dirt when viewing..."

GB

After several attempted login's I thought...Hmmmmm then found the post about forum downtime... glad to see it back up and running...

Question: looking through my viewfinder on my D50 I've just noticed what seems to be a bit of dirt on the display, first thought was it was the news lens I just put on, but putting the original back on it's still there, I cleaned the outside of the viewfinder and had a quick look at the mirror surface (if that the correct term) but cannot see anything obvious, where else could it be?

Regards Steve

Regards Steve (D80)

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

jbloom Gold Member Awarded for the continuous and generous sharing of his high level expertise and his always encouraging comments in several forums. Nikonian since 15th Jul 2004Wed 02-Nov-05 12:39 PM
6809 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Dirt when viewing..."
In response to Reply # 0

Wethersfield, US

It's on the focusing screen, which is at the top of the chamber. It's easy to scratch that if you try to clean it, so I suggest using a large bulb blower to try to blow off any dirt that's on the bottom surface of the screen. (Hold the camera upside down while you do this; you don't want any dislodged dirt particles ending up on the CCD.) If that doesn't get it, you might just try living with it.

-- Jon
Wethersfield, CT, USA
Connecticut High School Sports Photos

tomcatuk Registered since 02nd Nov 2005Wed 02-Nov-05 07:08 PM
39 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Dirt when viewing..."
In response to Reply # 1

GB

Thanks for the info.... I would have gone back to the shop as the camera is only about 6 weeks old, but unfortunately they have closed down.
But I will have a look at where you suggest.

Steve

Regards Steve (D80)

edmun Registered since 16th Sep 2003Thu 03-Nov-05 12:17 PM
8618 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Dirt when viewing..."
In response to Reply # 2

eugene, US

If you can see it with the lens off it is not the lens.

Just stuff on the screen and it is only too normal.

If it was on the lens you could not see it anyway.

ledmun

tomcatuk Registered since 02nd Nov 2005Thu 03-Nov-05 03:18 PM
#4. "RE: Dirt when viewing..."
In response to Reply # 3

GB

I gave it a blow with my little puffer and it's gone, never thougt of looking up into the top of the camera thank you.

Regards Steve (D80)

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #213 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.