Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #20701
View in linear mode

Subject: "Bug inside D40 body! HELP!" Previous topic | Next topic
SleeplessInKL Registered since 18th Jul 2007Thu 16-Aug-07 11:22 AM
30 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Bug inside D40 body! HELP!"

Kuala Lumpur, MY

I was taking some pics today when I noticed a tiny bug near one of the AF points of my 30-day old D40.

I took off the UV lens but the bug was still in view.

I took off the kit lens, same thing.

So I peeked into the camera body and saw the tiny bug beside one of the AF points.

The bug disappeared from view after some time, but I know it's still inside the camera body. What should I do???

Note: Since I bought my D40, I never took the kit lens off. So I really find this weird.

Mimi

Mimi
www.sleeplessinkl.com

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

alembicbassman Registered since 30th Oct 2004Thu 16-Aug-07 11:35 AM
1331 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Bug inside D40 body! HELP!"
In response to Reply # 0

The North, GB

Way back in 1977 the Nikon FM had problems with mites on the focus screen, this was due to the chemicals used in its manufacture being attrctive to them.

This bug most likely crawled in sometime, even with the lens on stuff gets into camera viewfinders. My F75 is only a few months old and already has a spec of dust and a hair inside it.

If the bug has no food it'll crawl off and die somehwere, hopefully not on the CCD or in the lens or finder.

avm247 Moderator Awarded for high skills in documentary architecture and aviation photography Charter MemberThu 16-Aug-07 03:25 PM
18518 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Bug inside D40 body! HELP!"
In response to Reply # 0

Rancho Cordova, US

Its an annoyance for sure, but I would just ignore it, trying to remove it, in my opinion, would do more harm than good.

Anthony

The Moderator Page and My Gallery
Two is One, One is NONE - always have a backup!

Anthony

The Moderator Page and My Gallery
The important things in life are simple; the simple things are hard.

tom_wade Registered since 15th Jun 2007Fri 17-Aug-07 06:28 AM
122 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Bug inside D40 body! HELP!"
In response to Reply # 2

Hope, US

>Its an annoyance for sure, but I would just ignore it,
>trying to remove it, in my opinion, would do more harm than
>good.
>
The only reason to remove it would be if it died and came to rest on the sensor itself, and showed up in every picture.

Tom

K1W1 Registered since 19th Nov 2005Fri 17-Aug-07 08:18 AM
979 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Bug inside D40 body! HELP!"
In response to Reply # 3

Melbourne, AU

Train it to guard your camera and teach it to screech at 130db if anybody but you picks the camera up.
Once you have done this place "Warning - guard bug inside" stickers on the body for public safety purposes.

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #20701 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.