nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Is D40x good for photographing old photos/albums?

xpvista

0 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
xpvista Registered since 16th Jan 2008
Fri 10-Aug-07 04:12 AM

I DON'T know much about cameras, but I need to preserve old photos still stored in photo albums and boxes. I tried my Coolpix 7600 and found it difficult to focus and slow in photographing old photos. I need a camera that will allow me to quickly focus and take old photos continuously without much waiting. Speed is what I'm after and average quality (4x6 print) is sufficient. After some reearch on the Internet, I have a feeling that dSLR is the way to go and I kind of like D40x.

Questions:

1. When photographing old photos still in albums, will D40x allow me to move from page to page and take pictures quickly without much work (meaning just pressing the shutter button)? How?

2. If I set the camera up on a copy stand, when photographing old photos of same size, can I preset the camera so that I only need to replace each photo and just press the shutter button? How?

3. Is D40X with AF-S DX Zoom Nikon ED 18-55mm F3.5-5.6G II sufficient? Do I need close-up lenses or the more expensive macro lens?

4. How do you remove reflection on glossy photos or transparent sheet covering photos? Can a circular polarizer do the job?

5. Do cable releases work on all cameras or do you need to get the one designed for Nikon?

Thanks

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Is D40x good for photographing old photos/albums?

G