Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #19352
View in linear mode

Subject: "Do you remove Ni-Mh batteries from SB-400 ?" Previous topic | Next topic
MarkNYC Registered since 02nd Jun 2007Fri 29-Jun-07 07:45 PM
136 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Do you remove Ni-Mh batteries from SB-400 ?"

US

I know this question immediately gives me away as a newbie, but do you (photograpghers who use recharchable batteries all the time) remove Ni-MH batteries from SB-400 when done shooting? Some people tell me that batteries, no matter how good they may be, "leak" all the time, other people tell me it's an urban legend and today's batteries don't leak..

What's your answer?

Thanks,
Mark

---------------------------------
D90, 18-200VR, 50mm 1.8, SB-600

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mgur/

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

simpo two Registered since 17th Aug 2004Fri 29-Jun-07 09:37 PM
2103 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Do you remove Ni-Mh batteries from SB-400 ?"
In response to Reply # 0

GB

I think if you're not using the equipment for months or years, then yes, take them out. Mind you, if they do leak, it's generally only a bit of corrosion/green stuff on the contacts which is easy to remove.

John
www.blokewithacamera.co.uk

John
www.blokewithacamera.co.uk

edmun Registered since 16th Sep 2003Sat 30-Jun-07 10:23 AM
8618 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Do you remove Ni-Mh batteries from SB-400 ?"
In response to Reply # 1

eugene, US

No I do not but I use Rayovac batteries which as far as I can tell are the only ones which will replace the equipment if they damage it.

My experience with quality batteries is they leak so seldom as to not be a problem.

My equipment flash is used about once every two weeks.

ledmun

MarkNYC Registered since 02nd Jun 2007Sat 30-Jun-07 09:44 PM
136 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Do you remove Ni-Mh batteries from SB-400 ?"
In response to Reply # 2

US

Thanks!

---------------------------------
D90, 18-200VR, 50mm 1.8, SB-600

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mgur/

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #19352 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.