Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #18523
View in linear mode

Subject: "Has anyone used the AS-15 Sync Terminal adapter?" Previous topic | Next topic
PhilintheUK Registered since 10th May 2007Sun 03-Jun-07 07:27 AM
14 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Has anyone used the AS-15 Sync Terminal adapter?"

Burscough, GB

Hi

Has anyone used the AS-15 Sync Terminal adapter with there D40 or D40x with a studio light set up?

I have never used one of these and was wondering if it was the only way to go to sync with a studio set up?

Any dangers of sync with a studio setup, voltage difference?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Phil

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Has anyone used the AS-15 Sync Terminal adapter?
greenwing Gold Member
03rd Jun 2007
PhilintheUK
03rd Jun 2007
edmun
03rd Jun 2007
greenwing Gold Member
03rd Jun 2007
PhilintheUK
03rd Jun 2007

greenwing Gold Member Nikonian since 18th May 2006Sun 03-Jun-07 09:38 AM
1302 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Has anyone used the AS-15 Sync Terminal adapter?"
In response to Reply # 0

Yorkshire, GB

I use a radio trigger, about £15 from Hong Kong on ebay. No sync cords to fall over! And you're not connecting anything with big voltages to the camera so there's no danger of overvoltage damage.

Chris

PhilintheUK Registered since 10th May 2007Sun 03-Jun-07 03:53 PM
14 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Has anyone used the AS-15 Sync Terminal adapter?"
In response to Reply # 1

Burscough, GB

Hi Chris, thanks

I like the idea of not connecting anything direct but I have studio time on Thursday and need something quick.

Think I may have found a sync adapter/connector which works!

I will let everyone know if it destroys the D40x on Friday.

Regards

Phil

edmun Registered since 16th Sep 2003Sun 03-Jun-07 04:34 PM
8618 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Has anyone used the AS-15 Sync Terminal adapter?"
In response to Reply # 2

eugene, US

The AS-15 will work - it is the best solution.

Your Nikon is built to synch with flashes up to 250 volts.

Most studio units ever built are in the 6 to 15 volt range. Only a few very old ones are as high as 80 volts.

If these units are used by other people you can feel safe. I think a Canon user is the only one who needs to worry.

Botzilla.com has a page on how to test strobe voltage.

ledmun

greenwing Gold Member Nikonian since 18th May 2006Sun 03-Jun-07 07:38 PM
1302 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Has anyone used the AS-15 Sync Terminal adapter?"
In response to Reply # 2

Yorkshire, GB

If you're renting studio time, I'd have thought that the studio would have a hotshoe sync connector that you could use?

PhilintheUK Registered since 10th May 2007Sun 03-Jun-07 08:48 PM
#5. "RE: Has anyone used the AS-15 Sync Terminal adapter?"
In response to Reply # 4

Burscough, GB

>If you're renting studio time, I'd have thought that the
>studio would have a hotshoe sync connector that you could
>use?

Hi, you’re probably right but I have no idea until I get there, not renting, this is a favor for someone and I need to cover all eventualities, I have no idea what set up they have or what they have available hotshoe wise and my experience with studio set ups is very limited.

Phil

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #18523 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.