nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #18353
View in linear mode

Subject: "D40" Previous topic | Next topic
mikedltc Registered since 01st Jun 2007Fri 01-Jun-07 01:21 AM
10 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"D40"

Tampa, US

As I am new to the D40.my question concerns exposure bracketing.What takes the place of exposure bracketing in the D40 or am I missing something? I know that I still fall back on my D50 from time to time because I do miss the convenience and control.Any help would be greatly appreciated.Thanks Mike DuPonte

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

Ginseng Registered since 02nd Apr 2007Fri 01-Jun-07 01:52 AM
142 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: D40"
In response to Reply # 0

US

>As I am new to the D40.my question concerns exposure
>bracketing.What takes the place of exposure bracketing in
>the D40 or am I missing something? I know that I still fall
>back on my D50 from time to time because I do miss the
>convenience and control.Any help would be greatly
>appreciated.Thanks Mike DuPonte

1. shoot
2. hold expo-comp button, spin command dial x clicks to the left
3. shoot
4. hold expo-comp button, spin command dial 2x clicks to the right
5. shoot

It's a kludge but it works. Not great mind you. But it's better than nothing.

Wilkey

Holmes375 Silver Member Nikonian since 09th Sep 2006Fri 01-Jun-07 06:28 PM
1523 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: D40"
In response to Reply # 1

RO

>1. shoot
>2. hold expo-comp button, spin command dial x clicks to the
>left
>3. shoot
>4. hold expo-comp button, spin command dial 2x clicks to the
>right
>5. shoot
>
>It's a kludge but it works. Not great mind you. But it's
>better than nothing.

Actually, this was the way it was done for many, many years. Nothing 'kludgey' about it. If the proposed capture offered what appeared to be a tricky lighting scenario then we bracketed the shot.

Autobracketing is a nice feature and certainly has its place but let's not lose the ability to evaluate the scene, lighting, and dynamic range before will drop the shutter. Do we really need autobracketing for everything we do? If so, why is that?

Sometimes we need to slow down and think about what we're doing and consider the basic rules of capturing light with our respective machines.

-Holmes
http://holmes.zenfolio.com/

mikedltc Registered since 01st Jun 2007Fri 01-Jun-07 01:44 PM
10 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: D40"
In response to Reply # 0

Tampa, US

thanks for the post wilkey..I'll be sure to try that..Mike...

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #18353 Previous topic | Next topic