Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #18271
View in linear mode

Subject: "D40 battery grips?" Previous topic | Next topic
chapel976 Registered since 30th May 2007Wed 30-May-07 01:51 PM
2 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"D40 battery grips?"

Beverly, US

Anyone here have hands-on experience with any battery grips for the D40?

So far, the one I see alot is the Digipower Power Grip. I haven't find a photo of it at all, just a stock photo for a power grip and it depicts the side button (which I doubt a D40 grip would have)

I just wanted to know the options available.
I know most come with another battery, so I wanted to get another battery, with the grip.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

Pestanikon Registered since 02nd Aug 2004Wed 30-May-07 04:05 PM
33 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: D40 battery grips?"
In response to Reply # 0

Porto, PT

I don´t know if they approve or not but you can see it here:

http://www.digipowersolutions.com/store/index.php/cPath/233?osCsid=d6f1e09c282a3a93a5b7f683b3c83b3d

or here:

http://www.ansmann.de/cms/consumroot/services/latest-news/newsdetail/article/up-to-5000-pictures-for-each-recharge.html

I hope this may help you.

Eyelash
(nikonmaniac)

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

chapel976 Registered since 30th May 2007Wed 30-May-07 04:07 PM
2 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: D40 battery grips?"
In response to Reply # 1

Beverly, US

I did see those, but I was wondering if anyone here has one.
I've never seen one actually on a REAL camera

adaml Registered since 08th Nov 2005Fri 01-Jun-07 07:22 PM
94 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: D40 battery grips?"
In response to Reply # 2

chicago, US

I don't know anything about the battery grip you're referring to, but I would strongly urge you to rethink whether you really want a battery grip for the D40.

1. It sort of defeats the purpose of this purposefully small, light, camera, doesn't it?
2. The battery life of the D40 battery is excellent by all accounts, so if you must, just by an extra battery.
3. With a camera this small a vertical grip is not really necessary, even for the smallest hands.
4. Finally, I can tell you from experience that third party battery grips are generally poorly made with serious fit and compatibility problems. For the vertical shutter release to operate, they usually require some sort of infrared connection to the AF illuminator, because the electronics will not synch with Nikon's proprietary system. Thus you lose the use of the AF illuminator which can be a serious loss because this camera is such a terrific lowlight performer.

Think about it.

adaml

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #18271 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.